The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kglissmeyer1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How Big of Fly is Big Enough?

Just pulled this off of a local news site. Just wondering how big I should tie my next bunch of Clousers!?!

Click the image to open in full size.

Kelly.
thorsten likes this.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Big of Fly is Big Enough?

That's crazy Kelly!

Got a link?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 04-04-2013, 03:58 PM

ted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to all

Angler lands two big bass, including one trying to eat the other
Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

"anything more than a mouthful is wasted"
Old 04-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly: Wow, that is an amazing sight! Hard to believe that fish tried to eat another fish that large.

Larry

Larry
Old 04-04-2013, 05:03 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

thats quite a sight kelly!
puts a whole new meaning to the phrase "don't bight off more than you can chew."
thanks for sharing

casey

ARFE
Old 04-04-2013, 06:31 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

I was in my bass boat one day at one of my favorite lakes fishing off a point. I looked across the water a few yards and was trying to figure out what I was seeing. Got on the trolling motor and checked it out. It was 2 cat fish in the same position. Pulled them in and pulled them apart, still alive.

Craig
Old 04-04-2013, 06:34 PM

watson will become famous soon enoughwatson will become famous soon enough

Crazy to think it was still trying to eat more, when it already had a mouth full!
Thanks for sharing
Old 04-04-2013, 10:07 PM

drc has a spectacular aura aboutdrc has a spectacular aura about

ha thats insane! ill tie some double deceivers and hog snares for big bass that are as big as the bass on the right
Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson View Post
Crazy to think it was still trying to eat more, when it already had a mouth full!
Thanks for sharing
He didn't "Catch it" like you are thinking.

The bass spawn is on in many places and I bet that bigger fish was trying to chase the smaller fish off it's bed.

These pictures show up almost every spring.

John Rohmer took this picture last year. In his report he said he saw it happen as I said above. When they saw they were stuck he scooped them up with the net, separated them, then let them go.

Click the image to open in full size.