The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 09:40 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Out of commission for a little bit

I had to have the uvula and other tissue cut from my throat,,and a past trauma in my nose cavities fixed. Nothing exceptionally serious, just some work to make me breath better when I sleep. But, having your throat cut by Blackfeet and being scalped couldn't hurt any worse. Had the work done Friday, and I'm still wobbly. I'll be out of fishing for this week I feel sure. And will have to take it steady as she goes for a little bit after that. But in the end, I should breath better, be out of sleep apnea (sp) concerns,,,hopefully... be better than I was.

I fully intended to come on here and whine. I'm 57 and I've earned every whinny word I say now.

Good fishing, folks !

Michael
Old 04-07-2013, 09:56 PM

cowger10 will become famous soon enoughcowger10 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Out of commission for a little bit

Good luck with your recovery Michael. I hope you can get out on the water soon enough.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Dude,
I feel for you. Heal fast. As much as I joke about being medicated, please be careful of prescription painkillers. They may help ease the pain, but they can work a number on your body.

Dennis
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:17 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Dennis, not to worry. I'm taking far less than they suggest I do, and will stop them as soon as I can switch off on over the counter stuff. I've seen too much of what pain killer addictions can do, and I'm not about to head down that no-where road.
mcnerney, osok and noreaster like this.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:36 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I am three and a half months post-op. I weened myself off of Norco, but I had some pretty bad withdrawal symptoms for a couple of weeks.

Last edited by MoscaPescador; 04-07-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:51 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

get well soon buddy!
that new rig you got needs some fishing time

casey

ARFE
Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I didn't have trouble quiting the norcos, it was the constipation! YEouch!

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 04-08-2013, 07:32 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of

I have to be considerate of which fishing buddy I room with on the road as my uneven but loud snoring is well known. Good luck and rapid recovery.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 AM

Thank you , pards,,much appreciated. Went back this morning and got the stints out of the nasal cavity..all looks good he said. He also told me I could fore-go the narcotic pain meds and use my old stand by Aleve. So, not to worry about an addict here..I'm somewhat fearful of that stuff. But I do appreciate the warning, Dennis,,it IS a concern for sure.

On a fishing note,,,that Eagle Claw I got,,,is slow slow...I thought I was beyond casting a wind knot in a leader...but I found I did it yesterday when boredom overtook me and I went out and cast for 10 min. One of the probs I see,,is with any 'distance' effort with this rod,,the back cast falls too far low before straightening out. I'll work with that with a higher, different angle back-cast when I feel better. But I tell ya,,it IS different ! Then again its a 5/6wt and I was using a 5wt WF line,,I don't think that was the best choice,,but, I don't have a 6wt set up. I'm thinking even a 7wt line might be the best option. I'll just have to see.

But soon as I'm 'with it' again, I'm gonna be making good friends with my Superfine. That is quiet a stick there.

Hang tough folks !

Michael
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Michael: Good to hear you are mending fine, but that sure sounds like a painful procedure for sure. Here is to you recovering quickly and getting a quality friendship going with that Superfine!

Larry