The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 04:59 PM

flyguy97 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Favorite food on the water

An Arizona ice tea along with water for the day but coffee in the morning is a good bet for me. Turkey sandwiches keep me fueled. My favorite fishing food is cold, leftover bratwurst.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:17 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Fresh trout almindine and white wine............

on the water, peanut butter crackers, gronola bars, dog bisquits, PB&J samwiches and water....
mrfzx likes this.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 04-09-2013, 05:26 PM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

I'm a bit hypoglycemic and need to eat at regular intervals, I usually bring a sandwich and some chips for carbs. Sometimes I'll cook something, actually reheat leftovers, on the river for lunch if it's going to be a full day.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:50 PM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough

Usually carry a meat sandwich and peanut butter crackers. For my drink I put a packet of flavored caffeinated instant drink in my water bottle. Comes in many flavors and gives me my water and 120 mg caffeine. Not much caffeine. One brand is the Crystal Lite. I use a store brand from Kroger supermarket.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 PM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough

Hi Turbinblade:

Beef Jerky, Cheese & Crackers, Apples, Candy Bars & Water.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:58 PM

robert_nguyen is on a distinguished road

I usually fish from sun up to sun down. I always have granola bars, Gatorade and some sort of trail mix. Sometimes when I need a little booster, it does help.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

homemade bean,cheese and green chile burritos ans snickers bars.
water
osok likes this.

ARFE
Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

Usually it's gatorade and trail mix (peanuts, almonds, raisins, and chocolate) or a snickers for me. Sometimes I'll grab beef jerky. If I'm fishing in the morning I have to have coffee. I also like licorice and deer bologna when I'm fishing.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:34 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Not a real fan of overly sweet refreshments and snacks, so I rely on water, jerky and Cliff Kid bars. The Cliff Kid bars taste good without being as sweet as regular Cliff bars.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:03 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Honey roasted peanuts, venison jerkey, and a water on short trips...longer ones start out with an energy drink, the above, plus a mountain house meal....chicken & rice!