The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 05:06 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice
Default Re: Favorite food on the water

Well our staple is Beer. I like to keep jerky and some sandwiches. We also keep water around for the driver.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 04-10-2013, 06:29 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

Bucket of KFC
mrfzx, itchmesir and osok like this.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:22 PM

robert_nguyen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
Bucket of KFC

That's what I'm talking about!!!!

Nothing better than a bucket of chicken, on your float tube, in the middle of a lake. LOL!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:03 PM

kuch is on a distinguished road

Staples for me include the following in order of priority, Red Man, Gatorade and a salami sandwich.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:48 PM

houli has a spectacular aura abouthouli has a spectacular aura about

Gatorade for the ride, hyrdation pack w/ water while fishing and pack Sweet n Salty Nut Granola Bars, beef jerky ...... recently started bringing a PB&J ............... and don't forget the cigar.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:51 PM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

Depends if I am walking in or floating...

Floating:

1) Sushi - My local Martin's usually has some really good Cali Rolls that I am quite fond of.

2) Sandwiches of various types are always good.

3) Hot soup is great in the Winter or grilling chicken, steak or venison is a great option too.

Walking:

1) Sandwiches

2) Beef Jerky

3) Granola Bars
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Didn’t we just do this thread, like....two weeks ago?

I think when all the votes were tallied up on the last go around, the most popular snack was two Peeps, a pack of Pez with a Red Bull chaser.

I’ll stick with my Tropical Trail mix, no chocolate and a bottle of water.

TT
Old 04-10-2013, 02:14 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

Like some of the choices here. For me I only drink water. Hate to have to get off the water to use the john or what ever. I eat good the night before and leave it at that until I head home, then stop and get something or wait to I get home.

Craig
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Every day starts with coffee. I always have a water bottle in my vest. Used to always keep MRE snack-PB, cheese sauce- in the vest but they do eventually leak. I like a plain onion bagel; they travel well and soak up your beverage of choice and make you feel full.
Since I quit smoking, I have to carry gum or candy or a snack so I remember to take breaks. Otherwise, I don't stop and my casting and enjoyment suffers.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 04-10-2013, 09:53 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

Always take two nalgenes, one usually frozen to drink in the afternoon after it thaws enough usually leave it in he car, and maybe a powdered lemonade or Emergen-C. Venison jerky or beef when I eat all that I've killed (for those who have ever had Kuby's in Dallas, you know what I'm talkin' about), Clif (mint chocolate, choco PB, or blueberry crisp or banana bread if its morning) or Odwalla bars. Cheese if I've got it, usually don't remember it though.

And beer, always beer. If I'm straying away from the car a long ways, I'll leave my waist pack and wear a vest with two koozied cans of Budweiser along with the water. If close to the car, bottles of good pale ale, wheat beer if its really hot. If its really cold, whiskey. Bulleit, Jameson, or Johnnie Black, whatever I've got around.