The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 08:53 PM

The fuzzy pheasant tail is on a distinguished road
Default Denver Co?

HI all I was just wondering if any one lives in Denver CO, if so I have a Question for you about Bearcreek in town..
Old 02-03-2008, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Denver Co?

Know one from Denver Colorado here?
Old 02-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Now that is weird, I swore there was someone from Denver.
Fuzzy, pm sent
Old 02-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Fuzzy,
I googled info about that stream and Denver, couldn't find very much detailed info, I was interested in that also as Denver is a favorite place of mine to visit. "Go Broncos", well maybe next year.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-04-2008, 10:07 AM

Wyatt is on a distinguished road

Hello
Not from Denver, from Fort Collins, have been to BearCreek west of Morrison to Pan for Gold a few years ago, to many people in town, theres a lake the creek flows into and out of farther into town and in the summer ther is just to many people, wher we were at up west in Sept did not look to good for fishing the water was to low don't know if that was a normal year or not. I'm know a few people in that area but their not here on the forums so I may be able to get an answer for you, if no one steps up.
Wyatt
Old 02-05-2008, 07:55 PM

Thank you all,the Reason I ask is that I use to live near it in Denver for many years and it was a grate fishery, and I was wondering if there where fish in it any more there use to be Big Browns Bows Small mouths Bass and even a few Tiger musky Down stream from Bear Creek dam in the Golf course and to the South Platte river right in Denver it self and just up stream from the reservoir in the spring the was a nice run of feral Rainbows and now I would love to go back and fish it this spring. this a Brown from Bear Creek just under Wadsworth BLVD .
Click the image to open in full size.
and this Bow is from just up stream from the lake
Old 02-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Looks like some fine urban fishing there bud. I have a soft spot for that kinda thing. I've had a lot of fun fishing the San Antonio river upstream of the famed Riverwalk. A buddy of mine lives down in the old part of Co Springs and I think there's a stream close to his house that I'll have to sneak off to when I manage to go visit him.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:13 PM

If you make it to CO go to Fox hollow Golf course in Lakewood just down stream from the Bear Creek damn there is a diversion dam, start there and go down stream and have fun I HOPE?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Good lord man, didn't know the 9wt would be needed for the trip. I'll also have to admit I didn't know there were tiger muskie in CO.

I've had good luck on golf courses myself. Caught some BIG bass out of the water hazards where they play the Byron Nelson down here.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:58 PM

9wt would be good, after you fish the creek go up to Bear creek go up to Bear creek lake park and go over to soda lake walk around to the South Wast side and go Carping ,here is a little map for you