The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Tagging Lines ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
William, your posts are usually very infomative.

This is not one
Fred
I repent. I am impressed by the use of Morse code, don't know the language so can't use it.

My system is very basic. Just black lines to indicate the line weight, however I like the idea of using a different color for DT lines. I only have one sinking line so that's not an issue for me. However, I usually mark them above where I tie it into the backing. I find it doesn't wear off and if I take it off the reel and forget to label it that is the part of the line that is visible.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tagging Lines ???

It's a problem sometimes remembering which Lines are on which Reels especially with The Combinations I & many like me have.
Lefty's is a very good idea which I've seen before & have used a similar method I no longer use it as I found my marks either wore off or became so light & the only way I remembered The line was I used it frequently.
On The Reels I don't use much I usually mark The Make etc, on The Shoe of the Reel.
Some Reels I have Still have The Line Makers Identification Tags on Them which eventually either fall off or become illegible.
I think many of The Guys around My Vintage will remember some of The English Reels Which had different Letters on the Back of The Spools you could mark to tell which Line was loaded.
Overall I've found The best way is to record The Line & Reel in a Notebook as sometimes it might be months or even a year before I look at them.
Brian.