The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Bless me Father, for I have sinned

Might I remind everyone, this is a fly fishing forum and to air your dirty laundry here is both unacceptable and in poor taste. You will not wear out my shirt sleave, so go find another shoulder to cry on. This must be stopped before we all come down with a case of guilty consciense...I have seen this happen in the past and it wasn't pretty. A fly fisherman gets to feeling guilty reading stories of his friends bearing there souls and before you know it he is running off to his wife and spilling the beans on what he really paid for those nice rods and reels. Then YOU are looking for a new fishing pardner because your ol bud is on mall shopping duty with wife as a pentence for the next year.

Shut this site down now, lest we loose another member...

Dave
busbus likes this.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 PM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bless me Father, for I have sinned

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Might I remind everyone, this is a fly fishing forum and to air your dirty laundry here is both unacceptable and in poor taste. You will not wear out my shirt sleave, so go find another shoulder to cry on. This must be stopped before we all come down with a case of guilty consciense...I have seen this happen in the past and it wasn't pretty. A fly fisherman gets to feeling guilty reading stories of his friends bearing there souls and before you know it he is running off to his wife and spilling the beans on what he really paid for those nice rods and reels. Then YOU are looking for a new fishing pardner because your ol bud is on mall shopping duty with wife as a pentence for the next year.

Shut this site down now, lest we loose another member...

I'm sorry!! I truly am sorry!!!!!

I thought if I told the truth, I would be redeemed, but all I did was make it worse! Oh, how things can just snowball out of control.

Please, please let my punishment be forty lashes less one with the bamboo rod. Please, that over banishment. I promise I will be better in the future!

Do you have a 12-Step Program to make sure I don't fall off the wagon again? A mantra or the equivalent to "The Man's Prayer" that I can recite?! I will do anything! Please, I beg...

For what it's worth, I have NOT told the wife how much my gear cost. She believes all that and the tying material and equipment I have is worth about a third of what it really cost.

(My only fear is that, if I die, she will sell it for what I told her it was worth.)
Old 04-19-2013, 02:19 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

It will be ok BusBus, the winter has been long and cabin fever can set in with symptoms including delirious proclamtions. I think the fever has broke and everything is going to be ok, however be mindful of a relapse if forced to stay indoors this weekend.

Hopefully we have caught this early before the entire forum was infected, several of our northerly residing members (particulary those sporting moustaches) are very suspectable to the fever this time of the year.

Dave
Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

I think the only sensible solution is to give your fly gear to the 14th poster on this thread.

Oh hey that's me!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:09 PM

bigfishcatcher is on a distinguished road

I fish with spinning gear from the float tube when it is windy or the fish are to deep for the fast sinking line. I think that you can't be a good fly fisherman unless you fish with spinning gear on occasion.
P.S. nick k meant the 15th poster.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:26 PM

al_a has a spectacular aura aboutal_a has a spectacular aura aboutal_a has a spectacular aura about

Okay, I have to confess, too. In fact, I'm a bi-polar angler. I fish for trout in Montana and for smallmouth in Missouri. I have never fished for trout in Montana with anything but a fly rod. I seldom fish for smallmouth in Missouri with anything but a casting rod or spinning rod. Why? Because that's what I enjoy the most. I don't care about what the purists think. There is nothing like a big trout rising to a dry fly or hammering a streamer. But there is also nothing like a big smallmouth attacking a walk the dog topwater lure, or engulfing a spinnerbait, or even that subtle little tick you feel when you're fishing a hair jig in the winter. I love both kinds of fishing equally, and would not ever forego one or the other.
noreaster and dakotakid like this.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:39 AM

nicknick222 has a spectacular aura aboutnicknick222 has a spectacular aura about

When you gotta fish... you gotta fish. simple as that.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:35 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

I keep one of those little telescoping rods and an old Johnson closed face reel tucked away in the corner of the barn in case the economy collapses and I'm forced to feed my family off the land. Otherwise I'm as pure as the wind driven snow...except for a little self-righteous pride and snobbery.
littledavid123 and busbus like this.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:53 AM

jokeandcolor is on a distinguished road

The only sin is letting work get in the way of fishing, regardless of how you go about it.
bigfishcatcher likes this.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:26 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.

while I personally believe god gives us extra credit for time spent fly fishing, the above quote does not specify, So, I don't think there is a penance. I would highly recommend that you lovingly caress and sincerely apologize to your fly rod though or you my find your next fly fishing outing to be non-productive.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.