The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 08:43 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pet Peeve's.............

Ties a fly on in the parking lot before having a look to see what's going on.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
Ties a fly on in the parking lot before having a look to see what's going on.
I always do that. If you've ever lost a rod tip in the woods, then you'd know why
Old 04-20-2013, 09:27 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

What's this "Parking Lot" you speak of. We are usually at the end of a dirt road somewhere. My biggest pet peeve is the need to stop for a "Pee" break every 10 mins cause they aren't aloud to smoke in the truck.
djamtime and mikey_boots like this.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 04-20-2013, 09:40 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Sneaks a banana onboard......Just to see my reaction .

TT
fysh and parsond like this.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
What's this "Parking Lot" you speak of. We are usually at the end of a dirt road somewhere. My biggest pet peeve is the need to stop for a "Pee" break every 10 mins cause they aren't aloud to smoke in the truck.
Not many parking lots at streams here either... usually side of the road or end of the road...

I'd also tell dude to meet me there if he felt smoking on the way there was that important to them...

My biggest pet peeve is one of my buddies is very insistent on wanting to fish closed streams during our winter season.. so much of a peeve I don't get a hold of him during winter season anymore
Old 04-20-2013, 10:02 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

OK, let me clarify... the parking lot, or the place where the vehicle of choice is powered down before exiting or dismounting from prior to walking to the body of water to be fished.

This is just a draft, I'll have Legal review it on Monday to make sure this properly differentiates parking from fishing.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 AM

jokeandcolor is on a distinguished road

The BS stories from opening day where a rough march makes dredging up a couple trout with worms near imposible and my buddy always seems to "lose 1 or 2" on flies.

The im too good for any type of fishing except a flyrod and a dryfly types.

The trout are the only fish worth going after guys.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 AM

ditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura about

I mostly fish alone. The reason is probably one of the following:

I don't have to deal with egos
Most people don't like me
I stink
Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 AM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough

I only have three things that get to me when I take a friend out fishing. I always provide all fly's, leader material, and sometimes rods so I don't care if they have no gear at all, no bother to me. What does get to me is when my time on the water is negatively effected by a fishing partner.

So these are my three pet peeves...

1) Fishing buddy
Q: "What time are we getting off the water?"
Me
A: "When I feel like it!"

2) Me
Q:" Dude, where are you?.... Just meet me at the ramp and call when you want me to pick you up!"
Fishing Buddy
A:"Sorry bro, I didn't hear the alarm on my cell"

3) Fishing Buddy
Q: " Do we realy need to get up that early to go"
Me
A: No WE don't, but yes I do have to get to the water early so I can fish first light.... Call me when you want to get picked up and I'll let you know what ramp to meet me at if I'm close enough to one to pick you up"
Old 04-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you fish with someone that "peeves" you? Life's too short.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*