The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 08:21 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pet Peeve's.............

Even though I Fish a lot on my own as I'm only 10 minutes from The Lake I have Friends who live in Sydney & come up to Fish with me.
The only problem I ever had was years ago a couple who I fished with once they heard The Reel Sing they would close in on me so subsequently I silenced The Reels also I wouldn't put up with other people Snagging my Line for very Long.
I find The worst are some "Lure Chuckers" who don't care about anyone other than them.
Brian.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:15 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

Compared to my pet peeves when not fishing, I (try to) make sure that I consider the things that bother me while fishing to be trivial. Short of possibly injuring myself or others, I try not to have negative thoughts on the stream. I'm pretty happy to have a fishing partner, which doesn't happen very often, so no worries.

Having said that, I get really frustrated when tying knots with 6 or 7x tippet and cold hands.
Hardyreels and yonder like this.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:47 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

people who leave their excess mono laying on the bank
totally irresponsible

casey

ARFE
Old 04-21-2013, 02:25 AM

kylebass91 has a spectacular aura aboutkylebass91 has a spectacular aura about

Getting up late
Taking to long getting ready
Chewin the fat at the dock/truck/streamside (I'm not against it but when I'm just getting there and getting ready to go I don't wanna wait 25 min to BS with some yahoo)
Not getting ready the day/night before, every time I go fishing regardless of what type I am 100% ready with everything tied, organized, ready to go.

If you cant tell I'm not a patient guy. While I'm fishing I am but when Im trying to get there so I can have my own little area and everything I HATE waiting.
stenacron likes this.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:37 AM

kalgrm will become famous soon enoughkalgrm will become famous soon enough

Pet peeves.

(Nobody should domesticate their peeves: let them run free and wild )
tbblom, recriger and mikey_boots like this.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:16 AM

kylebass91 has a spectacular aura aboutkylebass91 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalgrm View Post
Pet peeves.

(Nobody should domesticate their peeves: let them run free and wild )
Du du Cha...I'll be leaving now
Old 04-21-2013, 01:06 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

I drive a tractor trailer for a living, so have enough peeves with that.

My last regular fishing buddy & true friend of 15 years passed away back in 2005. Two weeks apart from my father's passing. Both were good fishermen.

I don't have any peeves about fishing buddies who I may occasionally fish with. Life is way too short to worry about such things! As long as we have fun & enjoy the day, that's all that matters.

I very much dislike the trash & junk that folks leave behind on waters I fish, but that's another matter all together. Take a good look along our roadways. Some people are pigs no matter where they are.
fysh and Meatco1 like this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!

Last edited by bigjim5589; 04-21-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:05 AM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I always do that. If you've ever lost a rod tip in the woods, then you'd know why
Not once, but twice. You'd think I'd learn. Fortunately, a note left at the trailhead paid off and a very nice gentleman and his daughter found and returned my rod tip to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
My biggest pet peeve is one of my buddies is very insistent on wanting to fish closed streams during our winter season.. so much of a peeve I don't get a hold of him during winter season anymore
I get how this is annoying. I once fished the wrong "Trout Run" because I was confused by the winter regs, though. I'm glad to see the change in regs.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 AM

joebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura about

along with the littering I've noticed that people stuff those "monofilament recycling receptacles" with all other kinds of **** - whomever's job it is to clean out and collect the mono then has to sift through the trash - whatsupwiddat?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 AM

spiderninja will become famous soon enough

I don't generally get too worked up even when it is frustrating. I'd say my biggest pet peeve is when I forget to bounce my knots and I break off. Happen to me twice yesterday; of course I'm still happy that I am hooking them in the first place.