The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 11:54 AM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pet Peeve's.............

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.

One of my favorite Mark Twain quotes. Guess I've never had a bad fishin bud.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:06 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.

One of my favorite Mark Twain quotes. Guess I've never had a bad fishin bud.
I love that one,

I know I am far from perfect as we all are, but man that guy chapped my backside.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:24 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
I love that one,

I know I am far from perfect as we all are, but man that guy chapped my backside.
My post was in no way directed at you. Most all of us get a little judgemental in some form or another. I do think of the Twain quote often, as I am certain I am an annoyance to others at one time or another.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:41 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
My post was in no way directed at you. Most all of us get a little judgemental in some form or another. I do think of the Twain quote often, as I am certain I am an annoyance to others at one time or another.
I know that wasn't aimed at me. I am the guy who thinks everyone else on the road is a idiot, then I ask myself what people think of me.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:30 PM

lurker66 is on a distinguished road

Im new and learning. So far my biggest peeve is getting rushed by others or feeling that im in the way.

Another is my penchant for my fishing "treats". My slim jim is mine and my snickers is mine, they are my good luck routine. So please dont ask, you'll ruin it for both of us.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi lurker,

I quit hurrying when I was 30 some years younger, let the others hurry and don't tell about the treats you have stashed.

Ard
fredaevans likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-26-2014, 08:52 PM

ruttness will become famous soon enoughruttness will become famous soon enough

for me fishing is not about catching, i can toss that fly a thousand times, catch nothing and still come off the water with the smile i cant get anywhere. my only pet peeve to say is when some one throws their line ( most of the time a worm and bobber on the end) in the part of water that is feeding me the tranquility that i cant get anywhere else

the only other one that comes to mind, is never being satisfied with my arsenal of gear
fredaevans and waterfordcreek like this.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:33 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

To add to what I've already said:
These days I see Guys who come Fishing in Their work Gear with all The Reflective Tape Stitched onto them as it's a real Pain & annoying when either The Sun Shines on it or someone shines a Light on it at Night.
Brian
Old 01-27-2014, 09:26 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light

my things:

1.) Tangles. Compared to spin fishing, flyfishing generates tangles that are incomparable. All that line, leader, and tippet whipping around occasionally produces a doozy rat's nest.

2.)Going all thumbs. like when a simple knot suddenly takes a bunch of tries.

3.) Realizing you missed an eye when you strung your rod and tied your fly on. Doh!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:32 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

A longggg time member of this forum.