The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 06:29 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default The passing of a real outdoorsman

Well, no magazines knew him, but he was the real deal. Timmy Clemons, fisherman/hunter supreme. He was also my nephew. Tim died of an overdose of narcotics last night while parked along a rural road here.
It will be easy to judge Tim, but you would have had to known him like I have. We fished, two three times a week. Sometimes we'd sit and talk, and he's cried before wishing he could shake the addictions. He was tormented, he was torn. Get him on a stream and he was the Tim of old, predator to the inner soul. But, after he left you for the day,,the draw of the Monkey was too much for him to handle. Last evening he was at my place,,we'd planned to trout fish today. It was going to be a late start, I wanted to go to early Mass before fishing,,but just as I was getting up, I got 'the call.' Now, my best fishing pard ever is gone and I'm a bit at a loss as what to feel,,let alone think.
His dad, my brother, passed years ago when Tim was young,,and I was his dad for the last,,25 years I suppose. I dragged him along on every hunt, every fishing trip, till he was a total expert in the outdoors. He even was luckier than I ever was at taking a big buck,,they just seemed to hunt HIM up. And he loved to Muskie fish,,my Lord did he. Wasn't my game but it was his and he was outstanding at it. I tried and tried to get him back to were the outdoors was worth laying the habit down.

I'm yammering, lost,,confused and not making coherent sense here. I apologize for that.

IF you can keep one, just ONE person, from the addiction of drugs,,,God ..I'm sure...will count you amongest the Saints. Addictions are evil. Real, pure evil. And we all can't fight evil with equal effect. Tim tried, Tim lost. But he is at rest today.

Cheers Tim, you fought a good fight. But do not feel bad, in the end, it's not if we win or lose, but only that we stood to fight the fight in some fashion.

May Timothy Clemons be fishing a top shelf trout run in Heaven right this moment !
Old 04-21-2013, 06:40 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice
Default Re: The passing of a real outdoorsman

My heart is with you.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear about your loss. True buddies are hard to replace, but the memories of the good times fortunately can last forever.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:24 PM

djamtime will become famous soon enough

I am deeply and sincerely sorry to hear about your loss. I can understand and relate to the way you feel. I would prefer not to get to into it on the forum, but if you need someone to lend an ear.. please pm me and we can arrange to talk.

-DJ
Old 04-21-2013, 07:30 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like you did your best for him. He was blessed to have you there for him.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:09 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

We are here to listen.........yammer all you need to. My thoughts are with you and yours...

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 04-21-2013, 09:21 PM

grundy is on a distinguished road

A tough situation. Drugs and alcohol are a serious issue in this country. May GOD give you peace and understanding. Sounds like he was fortunate to have someone like you in his life.

B
Old 04-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

God Bless.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 04-21-2013, 10:03 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i give you my deepest thoughts and prayers my friend.

casey

ARFE