The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frank Moore- Getting A Fly Fishing Legend Back To Normandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vans View Post
Vans: Thanks, that sheds a lot more information that should have been on the fundraising web page: "Over the next two weeks, Waller hopes to complete a $50,000 fundraising campaign that will allow him to fly Moore; his wife, Jeanne; their son, Frankie; and a small film crew to France for a 16-day reunion with fish, battlefields and memory." Now I understand the need to raise $50k. I sure hope he gets to go, I sent in a contribution.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:55 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Goal reached! I look forward to seeing the final film of this trip.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vans View Post
Goal reached! I look forward to seeing the final film of this trip.
Vans: I somehow missed your last post, but received an email from indiegogo saying the $50k goal had been raised to get Frank Moore, his family and the film crew over to Normady. Very good news indeed, this should be a very interesting film to watch.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Also got an emailGreat news!!Pity he will only stay in Normandy...would have loved to meet him
Old 05-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Received this email update today on Frank Moore and his return to Normandy:

We are excited to be departing tomorrow for our trip with Frank, his wife Jeanne, and their son Frankie! Frank wrote a little note to all of the contributors to the project that we wanted to share with you…
Dear Friends, those I know personally, and those I hope to see and know soon, so they will become close, loving friends also.
When this trip and filming project first came up I told the people in the production company I did not want them to solicit funding from friends and those who would give out of the goodness of their hearts, but to have Corporate Sponsorship. Their answer, my wife’s, my family, and many friends was, “Just remember one thing, you will be honoring all of those who have served, living and dead, as you retrace your steps through Europe oh so many years ago.”
I am so grateful, and yes so humbled, by the response individually from all of you to the call, (I still cannot believe it). Also to American Airlines for flying our son Frank, my wife Jeanne, and I, First Class from Portland to Frankfurt and return (WOW), and Patagonia for their above and beyond contribution to the trip.
Mark Hemstreet, Shilo Inns, is donating lodging for us coming and going also. Mark’s uncle, Bob Hemstreet, was in my unit during the war, and probably got as close to Berlin before VE Day as any American Soldier. Many years ago Mark donated a long weekend for a reunion of 75 members of our Unit, including rooms, meals, banquet, and a trip to Lincoln City so those from the east coast could see the Pacific Ocean.
I wish we could take each and every one of you with us on this amazing trip, that will take us to Luxembourg, and the American Cemetery there where we will be involved with the Memorial Day celebration, the streams of Normandy and Brittany to bring to life a dream of 70 years, then to June 6 services at the huge cemetery above Omaha Beach for that Memorial, as well as visiting the place where we went over the Dune at Utah Beach.
I will be carrying the names of everyone of you with us wherever we go, so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and much more, for the gift you have given and are giving to us. Wish I could hug each one of you.
With love, Frank Moore
Vans likes this.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

The man is certainly deserving.