The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Frank Moore- Getting A Fly Fishing Legend Back To Normandy (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/317305-frank-moore-getting-fly-fishing-legend-back-normandy.html)

Vans 04-22-2013 09:09 AM

Frank Moore- Getting A Fly Fishing Legend Back To Normandy

I hesitated to put a link to this up here initially, but time draws close and figured spreading the word couldnt hurt.

Frank Moore: Mending the Line | Indiegogo

1move 04-22-2013 09:42 AM

Re: Frank Moore- Getting A Fly Fishing Legend Back To Normandy

I think he has already made a trip in May? I think thats what the website states.

Vans 04-22-2013 09:56 AM

The fund raising campaign ends in May. 5/11. It seems unlikely at this point that they will meet the goal.

1move 04-22-2013 10:28 AM

I misread the information I thought it was last year. I don’t understand where the $50 000 number comes from? For him and his wife to go there is about $3500 plus stay and all for two - three weeks is nowhere near $10 000. Sounds like the film crew is trying to piggy back on with him and his expenses. Even with 5 people there is no way it should exceed 20K. I am from Europe and travel there often I just don’t see where that 50k number comes from unless they are planning on staying for 6 months or more.

mcnerney 04-22-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vans (Post 549162)
The fund raising campaign ends in May. 5/11. It seems unlikely at this point that they will meet the goal.

I think you are misreading the information, it says they have 12 days to go which would end on May 3, 2013. I've added in a photo of the rundraising effort and if you read the bottom it says it ends Friday 03 May and then on the bottom line gives the ending time of 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

But at any rate I have to agree, they have raised $14,551 which is plenty of money to send a couple to Europe. Makes you wonder where they got the $50k figure from unless they are trying to recoup costs for the film crew and advertising?

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/ph...558/FMoore.jpg

nick k 04-22-2013 12:23 PM

Great video. Was posted last week by another member.

jpbfly 04-22-2013 12:40 PM

Just contributed...I'm French....can't forget what this man and others did for us:)

Vans 04-22-2013 12:51 PM

You are right Larry, i did. Anyways, it looks like they will miss the goal. I imagine that he will get there one way or another.

Apologies for missing the previous thread, been too busy to visit the forum lately. In Oregon, this guy is legendary. He is the face of the Umpqua and has been active in fish causes for a long time. I sure hope he gets a chance to get back overseas.

mcnerney 04-22-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vans (Post 549226)
You are right Larry, i did. Anyways, it looks like they will miss the goal. I imagine that he will get there one way or another.

Apologies for missing the previous thread, been too busy to visit the forum lately. In Oregon, this guy is legendary. He is the face of the Umpqua and has been active in fish causes for a long time. I sure hope he gets a chance to get back overseas.

Well, I sure hope he gets to go, he definitely deserves it and it would be great, but don't understand the need for $50k as you guys stated earlier.

Vans 04-23-2013 10:18 AM

Here is a nice write up about him in todays Oregonian....

Steve Duin: Oregon filmmaker hopes to take 90-year-old angler on Normandy fishing trip | OregonLive.com