The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 05:17 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time to change my fishing (clock) schedule?

Usually up between 0100 (hate that) and by 0300 at the latest. Will work until 1100-1200 and head for the river. Running a bit late today and didn't last much more than an hour.

High for the day could get to 86, no big deal save for really draining if you're not used to those kinds of temps. (River was in perfect condition for fishing with a 2hander ... three 6" fish to show for it.) And that included my Yellow Lab Sandy. Sun beating down on the beach rocks got them so hot all he could do was stand/flop down in the river.

The expression on the face of a 10 year old Dog can tell you a lot if you're half paying attention. "CAN WE GO HOME NOW????"

Memo to Self: 'Fish from 9AM till noon.' I'd go earlier but at 0700 it was 38 degrees and I an now officially a Pansy Ass.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:00 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Time to change my fishing (clock) schedule?

Fred, love the comment. I love hitting the river early but! The heart meds, thin blood give me cold hands and I stand there in the water thinking how can I get my hands/fingers warm. Now I have a wading staff and studs on my boots to help me from taking a second bath. Didn't seem to have these many issues not so long ago!

Craig
Old 04-25-2013, 06:26 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to change my fishing (clock) schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimloom View Post
Fred, love the comment. I love hitting the river early but! The heart meds, thin blood give me cold hands and I stand there in the water thinking how can I get my hands/fingers warm. Now I have a wading staff and studs on my boots to help me from taking a second bath. Didn't seem to have these many issues not so long ago!

Craig
SOOO HEAR YOU Craig. First thing in the water is the tip of my wading staff, next multi-screwed in extra 'cleats' in the bottom of my Korker Chromes (sp?). Leaned the first (wading staff) the first time I stepped on to the beach on the North Umpqua. On my ass twice before I even got near the water.

Must take a short walk-away from the Fora. 98#'s of Yellow Lab is telling/nose nudging me I'm 25 minutes behind serving up his evening Din-Din.