The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By silver creek
  • 1 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By ib me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 11:13 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Project Healing Waters

Every winter I try to tie up flies for donation. TU and Project Healing Waters are the two I donate to. The box below went to Project Healing Waters for the wounded marines at Ft. Belvior and the Quantico Marine Base. My good friend runs the program.

All the donated flies well be given to the wounded marines.

Click the image to open in full size.

You can read about the programs here:

https://www.facebook.com/BelvoirPHW

https://www.facebook.com/QuanticoPHW

Please PM me if you want to know how to donate flies. I can't put his private email up because of spam bots that troll the BBs for email addies.

Please help if you can.
imxer, jpbfly, fredaevans and 2 others like this.

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Project Healing Waters

Silver: I love tying for the PHW guys. I donated 10 1/2 dozen to the Casper, WY chapter and the same amount to the Rocky Mtn coordinator earlier this winter. I'm not at home this week, is there a deadline to have the flies in? Also let me know what patterns work back there and I will tie some up, just send me a pm. Thanks!

Larry

Old 04-26-2013, 04:03 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Larry, PM sent.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 04-29-2013, 04:25 AM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice

Hey Silver -- we're apparently in the same region (near Quantico -- I'm obviously close by in Alexandria, VA).

About PHW - did you have trouble getting someone to respond to you in PHW? I was actually interesting in becoming a volunteer several months ago, but I sent an email to the PHW contacts (listed as the appropriate regional contacts in this region) and received no response. A couple of weeks later I sent another email and again, no response.

Either they already have plenty of volunteers and no longer need to respond to emails, or the volunteer coordinator/outreach person in this region isn't very good. I was pretty disappointed to be honest with you. It seems like an excellent program for an excellent cause.

Just curious...no criticism meant to any other aspects of the program. I just had a bad experience.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:44 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Silver: I love tying for the PHW guys. I donated 10 1/2 dozen to the Casper, WY chapter and the same amount to the Rocky Mtn coordinator earlier this winter. I'm not at home this week, is there a deadline to have the flies in? Also let me know what patterns work back there and I will tie some up, just send me a pm. Thanks!

Larry
Count me in! PM sent in a moment.

Fred
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
Hey Silver -- we're apparently in the same region (near Quantico -- I'm obviously close by in Alexandria, VA).

About PHW - did you have trouble getting someone to respond to you in PHW? I was actually interesting in becoming a volunteer several months ago, but I sent an email to the PHW contacts (listed as the appropriate regional contacts in this region) and received no response. A couple of weeks later I sent another email and again, no response.

Either they already have plenty of volunteers and no longer need to respond to emails, or the volunteer coordinator/outreach person in this region isn't very good. I was pretty disappointed to be honest with you. It seems like an excellent program for an excellent cause.

Just curious...no criticism meant to any other aspects of the program. I just had a bad experience.
I am in Wisconsin and my friend is back east. I actually don't run a PHW program, my friend does. He is a volunteer but he tells me that it is a full time job.

Sorry about your experience.

Silver

Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 PM

ib me is on a distinguished road

After talking to a couple PHW reps at the Warrenton Va. fly show I donated a 5 wt rod & reel to the Martinsburg WV chapter.They are a great group of guys doing good things for our Vets.
Dennis
mcnerney likes this.