The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fly_guy12955

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 03:20 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default The great fishing adventure

.......wasn't today. I did catch four small mouth,,,about 12, 9 and 9 and one really tiny fella bout 6 inches. Was tossing a small 'woolie',,,,size 12,,since I was using my 3wt Superfine. Caught three on it,,,,,,and used a fuzzy ant and got the forth.
So ,,nothing to write home about, but it was good to be butt deep in the creek this afternoon. Kinda cleared my mind from recent events.

I was hoping the bass would'a been feeding better....another couple weeks and they outta be in fine form. It HAS been a late cold spring up until now,,,so it'll improve.

I want to take my new 'pontoon' two man'er boat to the lake trout fishing tomorrow. Might have a report on it if I do not drown ! This type boat is a total new experience for me, but I feel good about it.

Michael
baseman1 likes this.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:16 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: The great fishing adventure

Regardless of the hoping for better, sure sounds like you did alright and the parabola that those fish made in your 3wt. had to have made you smile. Nice work.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Raindog, ain't no bad fishin' dayz !

I guess I was wanting an 18incher to really test that 3wt. Man O' man is that tool fun to fish with. I caught 6,,,,,,,10 and 11 inch trout,,,and one ,,oh,,probably 14 incher with it Wed morning,,and they even become fun with it. The 14 incher felt like I'd hooked Jaws for an instant. But even though it's a full flex ,,,or maybe 'because' it's full flex,,,it plays a fish so nicely. You can turn the rod and 'herd' the trout just the direction you want it to go so easy...And the translated feel of 'fight to hand' is unreal. I'm a total believer in the 3wt rod and full flex. Well, for the style fishing I do anyways. I'm sure it's not for everyone and certainly not for all conditions and fish. But were it does apply,,it's a certified hoot !

Michael
Old 04-26-2013, 07:16 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

great way to break in the new rig miachel
i went out today with a new rig and arrived at the lake to 30+ mph wind
not ideal for casting a med. action 8'9" 4 wt.
gonna hit up a local creek tomorrow for some trout action.
hopefully the winds will lay down by then.

casey

ARFE