The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 8 Post By waterfordcreek
  • 3 Post By Hardyreels
  • 2 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By waterfordcreek
  • 2 Post By jpbfly
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 10:26 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about
Smile MANY, MANY Thanks needed!!!

This forum, the administrators, moderators and contributors are all needing a major THANK YOU.

About a month ago i lost my dad, my hero, fireman, marine could never ask for a better dad. Dad wasen't much of a fisherman. Even though we went at least once a week. Never missed a baseball game from the age of 5 through college and a short stint in A ball. Whether i was pitching or not, whether we were playing 4 hours away. I could always look out the back of the bus...and there was dad...rolling down the road in his beloved buick, following along.

To all of you moms/dads...there was nothing that could replace that kind of relationship with a son/father. As a grown up and had a family of my own...this was the best lesson he taught me. BEING THERE.

So, i am now briefly my mom's caretaker(Dementia). Which takes a toll mentally and physically. Luckily, she is one happy lady.

This forum has givin me an outlet that i could never replace. When the site was down......i was seriously bummed.... The education, humor, insight and camaraderie has helped the long days and nights.

Thank you all. Keep the stories and pictures coming.....
I have some video equipment being sent from my home in Gatlinburg...Since, in a hurried rush...i grabbed my 2wt!!! Idiot....anyway, mullet on a 2 wt in a small canal is a blast....I will get some shots.

Kiss your kids tonight...call a far away loved one....and tell them how much you love them!!

Thank you all.
Jim
imxer, fysh, mcnerney and 5 others like this.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:45 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: MANY, MANY Thanks needed!!!

Well Jim,

I could have never have known, I'm sorry to learn of your loss but uplifted to hear of your fond memories. The forum is a lifesaver for all of us in one way or another I think, I'm so glad to learn that it has been a help to you in these trying times.

I'll be looking for your posts Jim,

Ard

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

PS. The forum has been down again since you posted this thread or I would have answered you sooner.
imxer, fysh and jpbfly like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jim: Sorry to hear that your dad has passed! It sure sounds like you two had a special bond and enjoyed some fond memories together.

The "Thank You" is much appreciated, there is a great bunch of guys and gals on this forum that make it so enjoyable and informative!
fysh and jpbfly like this.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:57 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

It still amazes me that that on an internet forum there are so many great-helpful passionate people here. Which is not the case with a lot of the other forums available.

You have to just love the brotherhood of fly-fisherman!!!

Jim
jpbfly likes this.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Touching post JimSorry of your loss.The NAFFF is for sure more than a flyfishing forum...brotherhood,friendship and camaraderie....are not empty words here
imxer and mcnerney like this.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:49 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: MANY, MANY Thanks needed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Touching post JimSorry of your loss.The NAFFF is for sure more than a flyfishing forum...brotherhood,friendship and camaraderie....are not empty words here
"We few, we precious few, We Band of Brothers."
oarfish likes this.