The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 07:37 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about
Default Ok...starting to get the itch.........

For some older fly fishing stuff. Not for personal gain.....

More off the wall kinda stuff. Old fishing licenses, Old bottles of floatant, wallets....small artwork. Just looking for resources other than ebay. NOT a big fan of paypal.

I have found some auction houses...but...my timing always seems to be off.

Just small type decoration type stuff. Going to be buying one of these to take to Co.....
Popomo Plans - House to Go Green Building Plans

I have done the big city corporate thing....now, it's time for the trout bum stage...only in comfort.

Thanks for any help.

Jim
Old 04-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ok...starting to get the itch.........

Jim: That Popomo is an interesting concept. I know virtually nothing about travel trailers/mobile homes, what is it that attracts you to this rig?

Old 04-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Jim,

Live auctions and estate sales are always a chance to find some vintage items. One of the best sources Martin Keane, passed away back in 2009. Martin was a consignment seller of fly fishing estate goods. He sold nation wide via a catalog he mailed out 3 times a year. For 25 years I did business with this fellow and always was able to find unusual items.

Now, eBay is the biggest market available. I still dig up some artifacts on auction and am about 99% satisfied with what I've purchased. Buying tips for old rods can be found in a sticky thread at the top of the 'Fly Rods' sub forum threads.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-28-2013, 08:46 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

i love the simplicity, Green building concept and portability.

Little to no upkeep....+ it bypasses almost all building codes due to portability.

Thanks Ard!! I have used ebay to sell items in the past...sold an old iphone...seller states phone wasent in the box.....lost the cash and the phone.

Im just stubborn on some things...Ill give it a try again...but only as a buyer.

Again...thanks for the help!!!!

Jim