The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 11:49 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice
Default re: Fraud Alert Username Newtyer1!!!!!!

I am surprised the guy on Pirate didn't end up buried under a trail or rock garden.

I am glad this thread is kept open for the members to see. I posted on another forum that this guy is on and was told I need to private message stuff like that to moderators and not make it public. I believe the opposite, the public is who needs to know!

When I signed up on that forum, I was greeted by this guy in a very friendly way, likely to befriend me for a later scam I am guessing now. Same thing when Liz signed up, got a nice message welcoming her to the forum and all about how he is from here in RI but now lives in VA.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 AM

chechem has a spectacular aura aboutchechem has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fraud Alert Username Newtyer1!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
I am surprised the guy on Pirate didn't end up buried under a trail or rock garden.
I am glad this thread is kept open for the members to see. I posted on another forum that this guy is on and was told I need to private message stuff like that to moderators and not make it public. I believe the opposite, the public is who needs to know!
I agree, it should be public.
Makes you wonder how many alters he has. No way this scammer has only one username.
Plus, he's an idiot for using the same one for 2 years after scamming the fund raisers! May he burn in hell.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthief View Post

I was accused of stealing boulders weighing two and three hundred pounds. When I explained that my only vehicle was a Toyota Camry station wagon, things got straightened out quickly. My wife and I laugh about it now. She is the one who christened me.
That is freaking hilarious!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Other BBs have said that Scott Martin claimed to be an Orvis Pro and
got Orvis equipment at discount. I wrote Tom Rosenbauer. Tom emailed me back that Orvis is aware of Scott Martin.

He has been selling "new" Orvis equipment on SEFF

http://www.southeastflyfishingforum....9.html?t=42369

http://www.southeastflyfishingforum....3.html?t=42203

http://www.southeastflyfishingforum....4.html?t=42194

http://www.southeastflyfishingforum....1.html?t=42151
mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 04-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Obviously this person is out to get by the easy way

Not really so easy once you are gaining such notoriety though.

Part of the agreement you sign when entering into a trade agreement with manufacturers as a professional is that "You may not re-sell the discounted equipment".

If every state made it as expensive and difficult as Alaska to obtain a guide & outfitter business license there would not be a Scott Martin re-selling Orvis gear. My first year licensing and insurances cost was 2300 dollars. With out the licenses I could not apply for what is known as Pro Buy deals. I think that if a states criteria for licensing is easy and affordable there will be more inexperienced guides working on the earn while you learn program. And of course every so often a Scott Martin to boot.
imxer, mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-30-2013, 01:24 PM

rockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the rough

ONe of the reels he had for sale there is the one I gave him after I bought one of his sob stories. He "needed" a reel for a bamboo rod someone had supposedly donated to him. I had a hundred and twenty bucks in that reel and line and all. This guy makes me want to puke on his vest with him in it. What a sleaze.
Paul
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:02 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Fraud Alert Username Newtyer1!!!!!!

I can only hope that this individual gets what's coming to him one day. Part of being a fisherman or outdoorsman for that matter is sportsmanship and clearly that's not something Mr. Martin has learned. Good to see you guys are on top of things here and have put the word out. Sorry to all of you that have fallen prey to his scams.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:30 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

I don't know if Scott Martin is the scammer's real name, but there is a Scott Martin who is a professional bass angler. He's the son of Roland Martin, a very well known bass pro, neither of which would be involved in scams.

Scott Martin, the pro angler, posts on a bass forum I frequent, but only posts links to "how to" type Youtube video's he's done. He's one of the Pro staffers for Okuma & has a guide service in Fl. I don't know if he does any fly fishing.

I'm posting this so folks here know there is a real Scott Martin, who should not be confused with the scammer, in case anyone should see posts on other sites.

The pro angler Scott Martin, also uses his name, not an alias.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:46 AM

rockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the rough

This one is Scott A. Martin and it is his real name. I know because I mailed that reel to him and others have verified it as well, numerous others. I will bet bass fisher Martin gtas ahold of this he will be pissed! Lots of people and organizations hurt or troubled by this loser from Virginia.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:45 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

I Pm'd the SEFF board owner. They are on to it now.

http://www.southeastflyfishingforum....rt-t42769.html

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy