The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 02:43 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fraud Alert Username Newtyer1!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I guess I'm confused, is this guy a collage student, a scammer, or an Iraq military vet?

If he is not a vet there are laws against making claims to being such.
Regrettably Ard the claiming your a 'Vet,' save for trying to claim benefits, is not a 'crime.' Should be, but you could put any Medal you want on your fake Uniform ... etc. That one's already been through the Court system.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:08 PM

shug11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
You're right, that is a shame. The good news is that you've stumbled across a very good forum. I hope you'll stick around and participate. It'd be a real shame if your one and only post is about an individual of this poor caliber.
Oh believe me it won't be. I frequently visit, but rarely post, but you'll see me from time to time. Ironic that I visited the forums the day before my 2nd trip of the season and I found this thread.

Either way, don't let this guy bring everyone down. Unfortunately the world we live in, has some really corrupt and messed up people in the head and we can only hope that karma bites them back in the arse one day. Until then, we can continue spreading the truth about this guy to hopefully help the next person he might try to scam.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:22 PM

cowpokey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenflyfishing View Post
Turns out he contacted us in the past for free gear. Here is a copy of his email.

----

Being a Disabled Vet and living of a small Disability check does not allow me the opportunity to purchase a rod and reel outfit. I was wondering how your company would feel about donating a 8wt outfit to me.

Sincerely,
Sgt Scott A. Martin
Military Police/Combat Life Saver
National Registry Emergency Medical Technician

----
Quote:
Originally Posted by about me on his website.
I might talk about how old I am, what I look like, and what I do for a living. (I'll try to be truthful!)
The most honest thing he's posted.