The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By CutThroat Leaders
  • 1 Post By CutThroat Leaders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Big Steelies make us all smile

I just received this image from one of our customers. I had to share it as the colors are great. I wish it was me holding steel for the camera, but knowing it was landed with one of leaders comes in a strong second.

Please feel free to add pics of yourself, a fish and a big "SMILE"

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

thanks for looking.
fysh, stl_geoff, crohnie31 and 3 others like this.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com

Last edited by CutThroat Leaders; 05-14-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Steelies make us all smile

Mike: A fish like that would put a smile on just about anyones face!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Mike,

I was looking forward to testing out the leaders this spring but now I expect a fish like that to go with just kidding; I figure I'll be able to find something but probably not like that one, wow.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Hello All,

It was just brought to my attention that not all forum members are aware of the 15% savings to forum members. If you use the coupon code nafff at checkout, it will save 15%. A $20.00 minimum purchase is required. If you recently made a purchase and did not get the 15%, contact me via email and we will work something out.

Thank you much.
mike@cutthroatleader.com
mcnerney likes this.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 05-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mike: Thanks for stepping up and supporting the forum and the membership like you do!

Old 05-03-2013, 07:53 AM

tbum2020 is on a distinguished road

I fish the eire waters for steelhead, not used to color like that! Thanks for the discount offer too!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

For you who are not aware, this type of leader works a treat off the business of a 2hander fly line. You do want them with 'tippet rings' so you can easily install some regular leader for the balance.

Fred
Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice

That's a beautiful fish.

Mike, I'll be heading to Smithers, BC this October for a couple of weeks of steelhead fishing. I followed the threads regarding furled leaders on this forum with interest and decided I'd like to give them a try--this pic and the endorsements of other members convinced me (Fred, I appreciated your comment re: using them with a two-handed rod). I'll be contacting you sometime later this summer and picking up some of your leaders for that steelhead trip.

Scott
Old 05-04-2013, 12:00 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Scott, get both the 'regular' and sinking types. "Horses for Courses" as the Brit's would say. FL's are damned near indistructable. (Spelling sucks tonight.)

'They make a lot of 'noise' coming off the water?' With river fishing, total fluff nonsense as in no more than the rest of the line.