The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By rccola712
  • 2 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 08:39 PM

rccola712 will become famous soon enough
Default Special Day

My wife and I are on our 1 year anniversary this year. Being the loving wife she is, she decided to take me to Blue Ridge, GA to fish the Toccoa. We got here early this afternoon and they were generating so I couldn't really fish this afternoon, but to top the day off she agree to go with me on a guided 1/2 day trip!! She's been talking about wanting to try fly fishing so we could have a hobby together, but she's easily frustrated to say the least (why she married me I'll have no idea but I just keep on thanking the Lord she did!) so she hasn't tried yet. We were walking around down town and we said hey, there's not really a better way for me to try to learn than with a guide, so let's try it! We don't do this very often so it'll be ok! She's getting so excited she even took my rod outside the cabin we're staying in and I showed her how to cast. She even picked it up faster than I did, which is no real surprise!

So here's to hoping and praying she falls in love with fly fishing the way I have!! Hopefully pics to come soon!

"A trout is a moment of beauty known only to those who seek it."
~ Arnold Gingrich
Old 05-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Special Day

RC,

You know I hate to see a thread go unanswered

If you want her to become interested in fly fishing you are on the right track. Allow someone else to instruct her. I have found that I have better luck with instructing a complete stranger than when I'm acquainted with the learner personally. Furthermore I believe that when the student knows that the teacher is being paid there is a certain physiological aspect to it that is not there with a free guidance from friend or spouse. Paying = you have to get the most from the instruction, whereas when the teacher is your friend or in this case your husband the mind is sometimes not in the same focus as when dealing with a hired lesson.

Good luck, I used to fish in your neck of the woods a little too,

Ard
mcnerney and yonder like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;