The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 08:00 PM

jor fly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Losing the indicator

OK,

Having looked into the czech nymphing and some of the other techniques mentioned, I have a slight problem: There are precious few places in central KY where I live that have the type of water that people typically czech nymph in. Most of the water I deal with is usually pocket water mixed with slow flowing pools. There's not usually a lot of fast water. Now then, I know I could employ some of the other techniques such as spanish or french, but that is something I would need to find a mentor for or take a class. I do actually have luck with indicators, but I feel like I am passing fish over. I'll continue to do research and even try some good old fashioned high sticking until I can get together the materials and/or a class needed for some of the euro nymphing techniques.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:50 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Losing the indicator

I was watching my friend Gary fishing a deep slot yesterday. He had a short bright red furled leader on with about 4-5' of tippet.
You could see every hit that he got and there was quite a few.