The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By stimulator2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 02:04 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Topwater smallies

A couple months back my buddy for almost all my life called and said he was having his annual float trip for his clients and would i like to go with him the plan was i would come a day early and we would fish before all his clients got there.I told him i would try, well that was my week to have my daughter but talking to her she said ok and i said i would go on Wed. and come home on Friday evening after fishing.Well i made the drive to Elizabethton Tenn. on wed. and he made it about the same time to the Meridith Valley Cabins(very nice place).So we deciced to have a couple cold ones before we done anything then it was off to eat and back to some wine i had made .Well with the music going and us just acting like we were 20 again.Made an interesting morning when Judson owner of Elk Creek Outfitters out of Boone came to pick us up at 7am.We hit the river about 8:45 and still trying to shake some cobwebs.Judson was wondering if we was going to live or not but with the first fish on a jerk bait now i'm a fly fisherman and am addicted so when judson saw some topwater action on a pop-r i used it and caught fish.
Click the image to open in full size.
Well lunch came around and we decided to throw flies and was that the best decision of the day we boated around 60 fish half of those in the 15 to 20" range.
Couple of my buddies fish.
We got tired of taking pics and just fished Judson and Jamie said it was aday to remember it was my first smallmouth float trip,the next day saw a change in weather and a slow down but still a day of 14 fish boated.We fished the Sage smallmouth rod and it was nice.I left on Friday with a blister on my finger from fishing a sore arm and one hell of a good time in the memory of me and my life long friend i taught to fish when we were kids.If any of you out there do a float trip in East Tenn. or right over the border in Virginia contact Elk Creek Outfitters in Boone Judson does a great job.The day after i left one of the guys boated a 43" 20lb musky.I still had a good time.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:11 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Topwater smallies

Bravo! 4 and half stars! 1/2 star deduction for sideways pictures
Old 05-06-2013, 03:21 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Topwater smallies

Love those smallie pics! Very nice...