The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 pages anbd a project away from freedom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug View Post
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on that one, as I just spent the last two weeks grading grad student papers while looking out the window wishing I was fishing!
As I said, 'back in the day.' That aside, you in "Cougar Land??" My Daughter Julie has her degree from there.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:57 PM

half fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Those that supported KG (the 3rd?) were given a choice. Get out, and get out. Many went north to eastern Canada ... which was French.
Interestingly, when the war started quite a few British loyalists went to Florida. Florida came under British control in 1763 as part of the Peace of Paris, and remained British until 1783 and the Treaty of Versailles.

So at the time of the American Revolution, there were actually fourteen English colonies in what was to become the USA, but only thirteen rebelled.

======================================
Jesus said, "Go fishing!" (Luke 5:4). He said nothing about monthly reports, budgets, cost variances, manpower planning, or orders forecasts.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:46 PM

coug will become famous soon enoughcoug will become famous soon enough

Quote:
As I said, 'back in the day.' That aside, you in "Cougar Land??" My Daughter Julie has her degree from there.
Yup, go cougs!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:16 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yup, go cougs!
Well I'm a "Husky." Save for the odd time, well' beat the crud out of your teams.' Two year gap from Greg to Julie (Greg, like me graduated from the U of W) and watching 'cross State' games.

Quaterback gets 'sacked' and SO YES.

Ever have your Daughter whack you on the side of your head with her hat?

OK, I'll just shut up and watch the game.

fae
ontheflyguide likes this.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:57 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

Kansas State and UW...2 schools that have OWNED us.

I went to "The U".

Its looking like my daughter is either going to be a Gator or Seminole. That kinda stings.....Now if only i could get a fly-rod in her hands, i might forgive her!

Jim
Old 05-12-2013, 03:36 AM

Hear you Jim. The most amazing basketball game I ever saw was the Harlem Globetrotters against Seattle Pacific University. At that time, the GT's would set up a game against some local Uni. and have a fun time of it. Who ever set this one up made a real mistake.

SPU, small collage they may have been, had the best BB team on the west coast. There were two brothers on the team (point guards?) that were (maybe) 6' tall, but on the court they were total magic.

10 minutes into the game and the GT's were down 15'ish points and it was going to get worse. No more tricks, no more fluffing around. Thing turned into a full on Professional level match. From that point forward I don't think any of the spectators ever put their butts on their chairs.

GT's finally won the game, by a few, but they earned it.
ontheflyguide likes this.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:44 PM

ontheflyguide is on a distinguished road

Dang this has been a fun forum to read!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:06 AM

Hear you Nate. Company I worked for 17+ years had 6 court side seats (Sonic's) right under the basket. You could almost count on getting a player in your/some one's lap.

These guys were big, but they were all 'big' so you didn't have a sense of scale. Out getting some water (what ever) at half time and they come back to the Court. I'm 6' and at 180 .... I was puny compared to these people!

The 'short guy' was probably 6-3 and 250 pounds and it went up from there. Only time I've seen anything like that was on a business trip to LA. Hotel I was staying at had some 'away' Pro foot ball team there (didn't know that). Elevator door opens and one guy fills the entire thing!

He had to turn sideways and duck to get out the door.

Another defining moment that 6'-180 was a 'shrimp.'
Old 05-13-2013, 02:24 PM

ontheflyguide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hear you Nate. Company I worked for 17+ years had 6 court side seats (Sonic's) right under the basket. You could almost count on getting a player in your/some one's lap.

These guys were big, but they were all 'big' so you didn't have a sense of scale. Out getting some water (what ever) at half time and they come back to the Court. I'm 6' and at 180 .... I was puny compared to these people!

The 'short guy' was probably 6-3 and 250 pounds and it went up from there. Only time I've seen anything like that was on a business trip to LA. Hotel I was staying at had some 'away' Pro foot ball team there (didn't know that). Elevator door opens and one guy fills the entire thing!

He had to turn sideways and duck to get out the door.

Another defining moment that 6'-180 was a 'shrimp.'
I know what you mean, I had two OIT basketball players on a trip, the river was flowing at 2500 at the dam, talk about sore arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on that one, as I just spent the last two weeks grading grad student papers while looking out the window wishing I was fishing!
Good Grief! How did you get your grades out on a timely basis. Well, let me re-phrase that. A 400 - 800 level class isn't the same as something with lower numbers.

Do you folks still use that/those class level designation? 1995 was my last degree so really out of date save for hours of reading every day.

The most hated question started out with something like this: ''Discuss and compare ...." Once, only once, did I get an 'A' grade by turning in my 'Blue Book' and I just said 'There really is nothing to discuss and compare; the events were close to 125 years apart and 5,000 miles in different directions. History just repeats itself.'

Prof called me into his office and asked what do you really mean by that?

'Only way you get/hold Power is by beating the **** out of people who don't. You suppress, you steal, you tax the **** out of them, you don't give them a proper education, you do what ever, you pay well and on time to people who keep you there. The masses? You put on 'games' and throw them bread.'

Sound like 'our times?'

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheflyguide View Post
I know what you mean, I had two OIT basketball players on a trip, the river was flowing at 2500 at the dam, talk about sore arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear God! I can just imagine!