The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By jedwuuba
  • 1 Post By jedwuuba

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 03:07 PM

jedwuuba will become famous soon enough
Default Tiger Trout Video - 4 kinds of trout from Southeast Minnesota

The following is a link a my most recent video:

It begins with a rare wild tiger trout and also includes browns, brooks and a stocked rainbow to complete the local trout slam. All four kinds of local trout caught in one stream.

Let me know what you think and any tips on fishing or filming would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-13-2013, 03:27 PM

nick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tiger Trout Video - 4 kinds of trout from Southeast Minnesota

Very well done. Wish I had a nice small stream like that near me.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:36 PM

mysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to all

Well done as well from me, it was interesting to see how the first set of trout were all in the exact same hole / spot. Will be in your area (Driftless) later this month, hope to catch a few myself
Old 05-13-2013, 09:15 PM

diamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of lightdiamond rush is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats on the grand slam. I think I recognize the hole in the closing shot, but not the rest of 'em. Thought I knew most of the area.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 PM

Thanks for the views boys. I was twitching a soft hackle PT in the first hole and dead drifting a black midge with a gold bead and gold wire for the rest.

nick k - I often wish I had bigger water to fish! There's some bigger stuff around but can be hit or miss with the fishing.

mysticm - the fishing should be solid when you get here. The caddis haven't popped off very hard yet so hopefully they still have a good hatch left. Scuds, prince nymphs, PTs will all work well when you're gonna be here. Not sure about which dries will be best because it's been such a weird spring. We received over 14" of snow in the beginning of May and many streams flooded over their banks a few times this spring from rain and winter melt.

diamond rush - I fished two streams the day I filmed this and I wouldn't be surprised if you've fished either stream. Everything caught after the rainbow was on the second stream
Old 05-14-2013, 02:04 PM

ted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to all

Cool vid Jed. I'm with Diamondrush in that I KNOW I've fished the last hole in your vid, but am having a hard time placing the first. It's familiar, but I can't recall it the stream. It will give me something to think about this afternoon while I'm working.

How was that last stream fishing by the way? I haven't been to that stretch in two years, but did always like it. I tend to fish downstream of there more often, especially early in the year.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Business Member

South Holston will become famous soon enough

That one spot is loaded isn't it..
Nice!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
How was that last stream fishing by the way? I haven't been to that stretch in two years, but did always like it. I tend to fish downstream of there more often, especially early in the year.
The fishing there has been solid. Only been there twice this year. My first video was filmed on the creek in question in the middle of January.

diamond rush likes this.