The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By fly_guy12955
  • 1 Post By yonder
  • 1 Post By South Holston
  • 1 Post By caseywise
  • 1 Post By nick k
  • 1 Post By mbchilton
  • 1 Post By nick k
  • 1 Post By williamhj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 04:31 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Redington CT 2wt and I fished today

Love the 2wt CT ! Never fails to put the 'fighting' back into fishing. The stocked stream has been picked pretty clean but I got to fish for a couple hours this morning and caught and released three 'stockers.' One was about 14 in or so. and we had a serious tug'o'war over the hole for a little while there. What is starting to amaze me is how good the 7 1/2" 2 wt roll cast. I'm using a 2wt triangle taper line.
Was swinging wet flies btw.

Michael
caseywise likes this.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:30 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Redington CT 2wt and I fished today

I hear you!!! I have an 8 and a half foot 3 weight CT that is getting alot of fishing time this year. I am a big fan of the medium action fly rods and this one suits me just fine. A 14 inch fish on a 2 weight is a fine battle indeed!!
fly_guy12955 likes this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 05-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Business Member

South Holston will become famous soon enough

That is real good to hear.
fly_guy12955 likes this.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:49 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

yeah those are sweet rods.
cool to hear you were fishing wets.
oldschool

casey
fly_guy12955 likes this.

ARFE
Old 05-14-2013, 08:21 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

I have a 2wt Orvis Superfine Touch. Light rods roll cast like a dream, especially the slower action ones.

Caught this nice bass on the 2wt yesterday. I actually put it on the reel, which is a rare thing for me to do around here.

Click the image to open in full size.
fly_guy12955 likes this.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:25 AM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

My co-worker has that rod and won't shut up about it. I think it's the only rod he's going to use this year.
fly_guy12955 likes this.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Prior to my 2wt I used a 6wt for everything warmwater (which is pretty much all I fish). The day my 2wt arrived was the last day I've used any other rod. Granted its only been a few months since I got the 2wt, but I don't expect to use anything else for a long time.
fly_guy12955 likes this.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:08 PM

jl3330 is on a distinguished road

what reel do you have on that rod? I'd like to get a 2wt but I realize you really need to balance it out and small reels arent too cheap! Thanks and good luck!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:17 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

I have a battenkill barstock on my 2wt and it's small, light and wasn't too expensive. If I was buying it today I'd look at the new version of the BBS, which is even easier on the wallet.
fly_guy12955 likes this.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:37 PM

jl3330 is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much! Good luck this season!