The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree78Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 12:49 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice
Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
those who steer the threads toward some sort of geo or national political dogma
I agree, I was just sayin' how cheap Chinese fly stuff is everywhere! And I should say that I love Orvis ........ and WalMart!

No political here! LOL I don't vote, I don't watch the news, and I really don't care what the politicians say!

I'm a serious fly fisherman. I go fly fishing almost every day all year long!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:59 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hear that!

One side seems to be allowed to run amok, and only the ones from a different perspective when saying things does it get the stomp. Stop it all or stop none. I have repeatedly warned that this is exactly what happened on a similar and competitive forum that I will boycott till hell freezes over. The owner, despite his complete agreement politically with the worst perpetrators, ended up banning them for life. It must have hurt to do it, because as I said, he was 100% on board politically. It lost them membership, it made people seriously mad, I am one of them. I said pretty much the same last week and had the post but not the response removed and that made me mad as well.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:23 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Dan,

No one mentioned any names or sides in what I said. The phrase "those who steer the thread" would apply to all parties not just one person or position.

What we need here is less of this type material not more.

At times we all find ourselves in disagreement with someone else. Sometimes we don't agree on casting, or fishing techniques, but we eventually learn how to either temper our posts or abstain from comment.

I don't see anything wrong with discussing a topic whatever it may be, as long as it; #1 relates directly to fly fishing. #2 that no one involved in the discussion becomes overly aggressive in their position.

When I see something I feel very passionate about I either say nothing or try my best to speak as eloquently as I can so as not to injure another persons feelings; or worse yet, turn them against me because of mine.

In todays world what I just said about injuring another persons feelings is called 'being politically correct'. I consider it being an intelligent participant within a group of people who exchange words, ideas, and opinions, on an internet forum.

I hope that made sense,

Ard
Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What we need here is less of this type material not more.
And that was precisely what I said. Yet it was deleted. One side has been able to make any stupid comment they want and get no flak whatsoever. Say "hey wait a minute" to any of it and it hits the fan.

If it keeps up, it will harm the forum. This is precisely how it started on the one I refer to when saying, knock off your politics. However, if you are going to allow one side, a side that is full of it like a Christmas goose, I am going to be forced to respond, because I have had enough of the one sided BS.

They went way far to one side on the other forum. People finally got mad. It hit the fan. People were banned and it was permanently harmed. I had left for good long before the fall as I was sick of the jackassery. Do you really want to go there?

By the way, the owner of the forum was of the same political bent as the ones he banned, so I am sure it killed him to do it, but the harm it was doing overruled his political assaninities.
coloradocaddis970 likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:23 AM

popperhopper is on a distinguished road

I know I am sorta new here....but why not make a political sub forum? That way people can get it out of their system...yet the people that could care less don't even have to see it.

I understand it is a pretty heated topic. But this way if people want to hear it they have a place for it. And it isn't just out there for a visitor to stumble upon and get turned off to the forum.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-17-2013, 05:36 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post
Silver,

You make several good points! You made the case without getting the PAFF site members too mad at you. LOL

It seems to me that everytime a WalMart arrives in a new town, the rich business owners try to stop them while the working middle class can't wait to shop there!

PS - I apologize to the "American Workers" ...... I didn't really mean they are all fat, stupid, and lazy! I was trying to make a point about labor cost? My Helios was made by a American Craftsman and I'll keep that rod for the rest of my life! ...... unless they move the operation offshore and make the same Helios for under $100?
the only thing American made on that rod is the blank, everything else (cork, guides ) are from over seas (cheap) keep buying that high end china stuff...you are paying for the warrentee not the rod. rod cost is less than $100.00.

I am a hard working American that owns a fly shop and goes to wally world !!
Oh and I'm disabled too !!
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 05-17-2013, 08:18 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

So how about that local sports team?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:09 AM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
So how about that local sports team?
How 'bout them Red Sox! They're really kicking the puck threw the hoop Great! Scoring lots of touchdowns!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:20 AM
bait cutter

jagermeister is on a distinguished road

seriously considering the Abel nippers myself. I like colors
coloradocaddis970 likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:51 AM

BigJim2x has a spectacular aura aboutBigJim2x has a spectacular aura about

My 2 cents - I don't mind one way or the other (about political turns in a thread) as it is all entertaining to me. Some do get passionate about things and it does not turn me away from the forum. If I find it interesting I read it and if I don't find it interesting I check the next thread. For the greater good I suppose closing threads that have deteriorated is a good thing after repeat point of views show up.

Just thought I would sneak this in before the thread got closed. It seems once these have run their course you start getting irrelevant and nonsensical posts, but I find it all in good fun.

Jim
Closed Thread