The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree79Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 12:14 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
This is a ridiculous statement and the old saying about not discussing politics and religion at parties or dinners is silly.

Politics and religion are not evil bandits that come in to steal your friends. They are however a very big part of most people. They either define or describe a large part of a persons belief system and in many cases the very core of who they are.

It wasn't politics that broke up a friendship, it was the fact that they had different beliefs.
It's not the topics themselves that cause issues. It's the intensity with which people defend these two particular beliefs that that make them topics better left alone.
dean_mt and stenacron like this.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:24 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
It's not the topics themselves that cause issues. It's the intensity with which people defend these two particular beliefs that that make them topics better left alone.

Oh, I understand why they try to avoid them here. I'm just saying that this idea that politics and religion are separate evil entities is silly. They are in fact who a person is.

If two friends have a fight about politics and quit being friends it's not because of some evil third entity, it's because they have different belief systems and their differences became two big to tolerate.
dean_mt likes this.