Passing of a friend.

shimloom

Reaction score
On May 15th I lost a long time friend and fishing partner of 30 years to a heart attack. Jimmie L. Clymore had brought me into fly fishing and was very helpful in getting me started and kept me going when I would get frustrated. I got a call while leaving a local lake playing with my Tenkara rod from his boss that he had a heart attack and was on the way to the hospital.

By the time I got home the hospital called to tell me that he had passed. He really died at his desk. So to you out there that have fishing buddies keep in touch and go fishing, cherish the memories. I now have no one to share this great sport with and feel a complete loss, it will never be same again.

God Bless,
Craig

williamhj

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Craig. Rough phone calls to receive. Losing such a close friend is life changing.

bigjim5589

Reaction score
Craig, deepest condolences to you & his family. I know the feeling well. My best friend & fishing buddy passed away within 2 weeks of my fathers passing. Cancers took both men. That was back in 2005. Life goes on, but it's not the same. Cherish the memories.

Jim

jaybo41

Reaction score
Craig you have my sympathies. Fishing alone is never as much fun as it is with my best bud who is also my fishing partner. As you said, cherish the memories you've made together. Here's to hoping the best for you and his family. Also hoping you'll find a new fishing partner to enjoy time on the water with. Keep your chin up.

fly_guy12955

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss. Going thur the same thing myself.......lot's of fishing to do and no one to fish with. Alone is fine,,IF I chose it. Mostly, it was better with Tim.

I have no advice myself but I'll remember your situation in my prayers if that is OK ?

Michael

L

Liphookedau

Hi Craig.
I know it's tragic when you lose someone close the memories will help you remember & cherish The Friendship.
All The Best as I know what you are going through as it's a Hard & terrible Time for you all.
Brian

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Your post sucked the breath out of me. Not quite the same, but very close.

Read your post and squirted tears. We'd sit in my motor home playing cards: YOU CHEAT!! No he didn't. Chess? He'd womp the hell out of me, and I was pretty good.

Next morning back on the river fishing. At least there, we were 'equals.'

I did the cooking, he washed the dishes.

Fred

shimloom

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the heart felt responses. I don't know what to do now that he is gone. In this life you find very few true blue friends that you can share this sport with, they know you and you know them. The river will hold a little less joy and meaning now. Thanks again all!

Craig

yonder

Reaction score
Craig.........do what your friend would want you to do......take some time and go fishing.........and remember the good times..........my sympathy goes out to you and yours........

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss...I've already lost two fishing buddies and often think of them after so many years...when I was young I enjoyed fishing with very experienced old guys...(have a look on my blog...you'll see them)

wannafish

Reaction score
Sorry for you; usually fishing by myself, I've often wished there was one of my buds that enjoyed flyfishing; glad you had that and now have the memories.