The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Passing of a friend. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/319661-passing-friend.html)

shimloom 05-17-2013 02:31 PM

Passing of a friend.

On May 15th I lost a long time friend and fishing partner of 30 years to a heart attack. Jimmie L. Clymore had brought me into fly fishing and was very helpful in getting me started and kept me going when I would get frustrated. I got a call while leaving a local lake playing with my Tenkara rod from his boss that he had a heart attack and was on the way to the hospital.

By the time I got home the hospital called to tell me that he had passed. He really died at his desk. So to you out there that have fishing buddies keep in touch and go fishing, cherish the memories. I now have no one to share this great sport with and feel a complete loss, it will never be same again.

God Bless,
Craig

williamhj 05-17-2013 03:02 PM

Re: Passing of a friend.

Sorry to hear that Craig. Rough phone calls to receive. Losing such a close friend is life changing.

bigjim5589 05-17-2013 03:10 PM

Craig, deepest condolences to you & his family. I know the feeling well. My best friend & fishing buddy passed away within 2 weeks of my fathers passing. Cancers took both men. That was back in 2005. Life goes on, but it's not the same. Cherish the memories.

Jim

jaybo41 05-17-2013 04:06 PM

Craig you have my sympathies. Fishing alone is never as much fun as it is with my best bud who is also my fishing partner. As you said, cherish the memories you've made together. Here's to hoping the best for you and his family. Also hoping you'll find a new fishing partner to enjoy time on the water with. Keep your chin up.

mcnerney 05-17-2013 04:36 PM

Craig: Sad news indeed, I send my condolences to you and your family.

fly_guy12955 05-17-2013 05:05 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Going thur the same thing myself.......lot's of fishing to do and no one to fish with. Alone is fine,,IF I chose it. Mostly, it was better with Tim.

I have no advice myself but I'll remember your situation in my prayers if that is OK ?

Michael

Liphookedau 05-17-2013 06:19 PM

Hi Craig.
I know it's tragic when you lose someone close the memories will help you remember & cherish The Friendship.
All The Best as I know what you are going through as it's a Hard & terrible Time for you all.
Brian

fredaevans 05-17-2013 07:54 PM

Your post sucked the breath out of me. Not quite the same, but very close.

Read your post and squirted tears. We'd sit in my motor home playing cards: YOU CHEAT!! No he didn't. Chess? He'd womp the hell out of me, and I was pretty good.

Next morning back on the river fishing. At least there, we were 'equals.'

I did the cooking, he washed the dishes.

Fred

caseywise 05-17-2013 08:00 PM

so sorry for your loss craig.....
my condolences to you and yours.

casey

shimloom 05-18-2013 12:52 PM

Thanks everyone for the heart felt responses. I don't know what to do now that he is gone. In this life you find very few true blue friends that you can share this sport with, they know you and you know them. The river will hold a little less joy and meaning now. Thanks again all!

Craig