The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 02:31 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough
Default Passing of a friend.

On May 15th I lost a long time friend and fishing partner of 30 years to a heart attack. Jimmie L. Clymore had brought me into fly fishing and was very helpful in getting me started and kept me going when I would get frustrated. I got a call while leaving a local lake playing with my Tenkara rod from his boss that he had a heart attack and was on the way to the hospital.

By the time I got home the hospital called to tell me that he had passed. He really died at his desk. So to you out there that have fishing buddies keep in touch and go fishing, cherish the memories. I now have no one to share this great sport with and feel a complete loss, it will never be same again.

God Bless,
Craig
Old 05-17-2013, 03:02 PM

williamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant future
Default Re: Passing of a friend.

Sorry to hear that Craig. Rough phone calls to receive. Losing such a close friend is life changing.
shimloom likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:10 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Craig, deepest condolences to you & his family. I know the feeling well. My best friend & fishing buddy passed away within 2 weeks of my fathers passing. Cancers took both men. That was back in 2005. Life goes on, but it's not the same. Cherish the memories.

Jim
shimloom likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:06 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Passing of a friend.

Craig you have my sympathies. Fishing alone is never as much fun as it is with my best bud who is also my fishing partner. As you said, cherish the memories you've made together. Here's to hoping the best for you and his family. Also hoping you'll find a new fishing partner to enjoy time on the water with. Keep your chin up.
shimloom likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Craig: Sad news indeed, I send my condolences to you and your family.
shimloom likes this.

Larry
Old 05-17-2013, 05:05 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I'm sorry for your loss. Going thur the same thing myself.......lot's of fishing to do and no one to fish with. Alone is fine,,IF I chose it. Mostly, it was better with Tim.

I have no advice myself but I'll remember your situation in my prayers if that is OK ?

Michael
shimloom likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:19 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Craig.
I know it's tragic when you lose someone close the memories will help you remember & cherish The Friendship.
All The Best as I know what you are going through as it's a Hard & terrible Time for you all.
Brian
shimloom likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Your post sucked the breath out of me. Not quite the same, but very close.

Read your post and squirted tears. We'd sit in my motor home playing cards: YOU CHEAT!! No he didn't. Chess? He'd womp the hell out of me, and I was pretty good.

Next morning back on the river fishing. At least there, we were 'equals.'

I did the cooking, he washed the dishes.

Fred
shimloom likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:00 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

so sorry for your loss craig.....
my condolences to you and yours.

casey
shimloom likes this.

ARFE
Old 05-18-2013, 12:52 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone for the heart felt responses. I don't know what to do now that he is gone. In this life you find very few true blue friends that you can share this sport with, they know you and you know them. The river will hold a little less joy and meaning now. Thanks again all!

Craig
fredaevans likes this.