The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Predator by NFO

My hubby and I bought a couple of these new boats by Dave Scadden. They are 8' long and 52" wide give or take an inch.
It is made out of a new material. Heart Valve material. So while being strong, it is super light as well. That is what interest us more than anything. Some where around 12 lbs.
It is about a foot shorter that the Renegade.
Now some specifics:
There is a NEW Bravo Valve. It seems a lot stronger. So if ordering be prepared for this. Deflated it almost sounds like crumpling paper...LOL.
The D rings are plastic, not sure on this idea yet myself as my motor mount attaches to these. Time will tell.
Foot bar, it is out farther now, I really like this. Legs straight out for rowing.
New bags, with a choice of Blue or Red top. They are insulated as well.
New seat too. With a choice of red or blue on the accent. Also comes with a really nice stripping apron.
Here it is:
Click the image to open in full size.
NOTE: This is with the seat, bags and oars

Have not got it wet yet, but I am sure it will be smooth sailing
Old 05-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predator by NFO

Sweet looking boat, hard to believe they are that light, amazing!

Old 05-18-2013, 09:43 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

That is a sweet looking rig, Joni! I was impressed by the overhead press until I got to the part that it was only 12lbs.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:44 AM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough

Joni,

Wow! I have the smaller "brother" a Outlaw Escape. I have the same valves and oar holders (although I usually never take the oars) I like to kick the Scadden "Omega" flip fins when I'm fly fishing.

Mine is 21 lbs, and a bit smaller than yours. Dave Scadden makes some really nice fly fishing 'toons!

Way to go! Looks like you will have a lot of great fly fishing times ahead.

Check this out, Joni. This girl looks a lot like you?
Old 05-20-2013, 02:35 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
That is a sweet looking rig, Joni! I was impressed by the overhead press until I got to the part that it was only 12lbs.
Read this and laughed so hard my chest hurt! Time to go back to bed for me. 0035 and that's waaaay past my beddie time.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:13 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice boat joni!
i want one

ARFE
Old 05-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post
Joni,

Wow! I have the smaller "brother" a Outlaw Escape. I have the same valves and oar holders (although I usually never take the oars) I like to kick the Scadden "Omega" flip fins when I'm fly fishing.

Mine is 21 lbs, and a bit smaller than yours. Dave Scadden makes some really nice fly fishing 'toons!

Way to go! Looks like you will have a lot of great fly fishing times ahead.

Check this out, Joni. This girl looks a lot like you?
Cabela's - NFO Outlaw Pontoon Boat - YouTube

I wished on the look alike. The original Predator was the Escape out of this new material and NO oars. Directed to just tubers.
But, when delivered at the shows next to the Predator, NO ONE wanted the smaller version (except a few of us that asked for it ) It weighed in at 9 lbs.

I do admit I like this version. More room (for Baxter) behind the seat and moving that foot bar out farther is like he made the boat for me.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:26 PM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough

I know you and hubby like to have all the boats but my questions is when would you use this over the single person Assault that you have posted pic's of? The Assault was tricked out to the max and looked like a do all boat, if one boat could do all. Now you have this so I'm curious if this is replacing the Assault or any other of your boats?

I ask these questions because I'm trying to choose another NFO to use in place of my X-5 when I don't want to haul such a large pontoon. Travelling around some states and hauling the X-5 takes a lot of room. Just when I think maybe I've found the replacement you come up with another.lol You sure make it hard to choose, so my trigger finger is not twitching.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:48 PM

stanbiker has a spectacular aura aboutstanbiker has a spectacular aura about

Joni,

I have the challenger, but id like to add something a little smaller. I've been trying to decide between the escape and renegade. This sounds perfect! What is the price? (It's not on his web site yet...)

Thanks
Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post
I know you and hubby like to have all the boats but my questions is when would you use this over the single person Assault that you have posted pic's of? The Assault was tricked out to the max and looked like a do all boat, if one boat could do all. Now you have this so I'm curious if this is replacing the Assault or any other of your boats?

I ask these questions because I'm trying to choose another NFO to use in place of my X-5 when I don't want to haul such a large pontoon. Travelling around some states and hauling the X-5 takes a lot of room. Just when I think maybe I've found the replacement you come up with another.lol You sure make it hard to choose, so my trigger finger is not twitching.
I sold my Renegade. I will use the Assault on smaller lakes, and The X5 is still my favorite. The Predator is more like a float tube (weight wise).
The Assault is small and compact and packs up easy in my car in the rolling duffle. But still, it is at around 25lbs. This is half the weight. There is one lake I love, that is BIG. actually it ia our drinking water. Problem is getting to the water. It is in a bowl and no roads down to it for public use, so we have to hike the boats down and up.
I am able to do it with either the Ren or the Assault. Just looking for a little easier way.

Thing I would like to put out there is although this weighs as much as a SFC it is limited in how small you can fold it up. It still has the welded on D rings, the Oar holders, Handles and skid strip on bottom so it does not fold up supper small. Maybe 22" x 24" x 6".
osok likes this.