The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 07:01 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ever hear a CRASH and do a what the hell?

[QUOTE]
Ever hear a CRASH and do a what the hell?
[/QUOTE]

This pretty much sums up my double haul.

Enjoy the humming birds. Cool little guys.
yonder likes this.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:17 AM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post

But 1/4 cup of sugar to 2 cups of water is still your basic 4-1 for a feeder.
New math...?
Old 05-20-2013, 11:41 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
New math...?
Opps' ... make that a 1/2 cup. My bad.......I use a 1/4 cup scoop ... mind shut down.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Mixed up Hummer food (1/2 cup of sugar to 2 cups of water) and filled/put out same. Rinsed out the measuring cup and back to work (computer). 15 minutes later a huge CRASH in the kitchen.

No idea how/why but a heck of a lot of glass to sweep up.
Fred, I'd say I have NO idea whats going in 90% of your posts. Including this one.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:44 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
Fred, I'd say I have NO idea whats going in 90% of your posts. Including this one.
I'm so sorry you're a slow reader, so I'll type slowly ....

90% of what gets posted up in fishing forums is what I call 'campfire banter.' Go ahead and look up the word 'banter.' I'll wait.

You're back, lets carry on.

On one level how many questions on what kind of camera, what kind of sunglass', what kind of leader, etc., get posted up over the course of time.? (Those happen to be current threads.)

If I feel I have something to contribute, I will. If you find that bothersome there is an "Ignore" function; please feel free to use same.
nickj likes this.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:54 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'm so sorry you're a slow reader, so I'll type slowly ....

90% of what gets posted up in fishing forums is what I call 'campfire banter.' Go ahead and look up the word 'banter.' I'll wait.

You're back, lets carry on.

On one level how many questions on what kind of camera, what kind of sunglass', what kind of leader, etc., get posted up over the course of time.? (Those happen to be current threads.)

If I feel I have something to contribute, I will. If you find that bothersome there is an "Ignore" function; please feel free to use same.
Didn't mean to offend you Fred. Not bothered by any of your posts, just confused as hell by your unique style of writing and words that I assume are common in your part of the country. For instance, I have no idea what hummer food is. Please don't take offense to my last post, I meant none.