The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fish alone or with friends?

My idea of a good day fishing with friends.

Separate cars. They remember the coffee when they do show up and find me on the river. They let me know which way they are going and when they plan on heading home. They clue me in f they find something odd. Maybe beep the horn before they leave for the day.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:20 AM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough

I have come to a point where I love to fish by myself! I love the peace and quiet, and I seem to enjoy fishing a lot more than most!

I purchased a pontoon / float tube hybrid mostly because I can now fish where it's too hard to get to from shore.

Today I must have caught 100 beautiful bluegills in a public lake where a lot of people fish. Most people don't catch anything. LOL Today a guy with his never stop barking dog would keep yelling at the dog (he probably thought it made him look powerful) and then leave his trash on the shore (there are dozens of public trash cans at this lake)

Also a guy came by with his old 2 stroke, smoking, polluting outboard on his old wreck of a boat (he looked so proud) and I always wave at guys like that. I thought to myself "Thank God I am so blessed to always fish by myself"

I should also say that if I ever fished with a seasoned fly pro (like a lot of you are on this forum) that would also be a wonderful thing!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 AM

alligator is on a distinguished road

I mostly fish alone, but love to fish with my wife. Also, I've met so many interesting people on the streams here in Minnesota...artists, journalists, competitive bikers etc.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Business Member

South Holston will become famous soon enough

Rockthief- my daughter lives with such an inner ear- vertigo problem. God bless you. May your world quit spinning.
Rod
Old 05-22-2013, 02:09 PM

rockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Holston View Post
Rockthief- my daughter lives with such an inner ear- vertigo problem. God bless you. May your world quit spinning.
Rod
You have touched me with your kindness sir. I am sorry about your daughter. It can be pure hell when the attacks come. But we are alive, have choices to make, reels to line, flowers to plant. Life is good.