The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 01:29 PM

tbum2020 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fishing a mouse pattern, what sort of leader?

Yea, I can't lie its not my photo. Someone posted the picture on a board prob. a few years ago and I liked it so much I saved it to my PC. I saw this post and had to share it!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:42 AM

kevin2 is on a distinguished road

It is a great photo. Makes me excited to get back fishing next week over the holiday.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2 View Post
It is a great photo. Makes me excited to get back fishing next week over the holiday.
I hope your fishing trip works out and those mouse patterns turn out to be awesome trout attractors.........either way be sure to post a trip report.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

When fishing deer hair mouse imitations, we would cast onto the bank, then twitch the mouse up and into the stream. Leaders were just 20# mono. Not a lot of finess, but tons of fun when the big browns would grab and run. The pattern included a thin leather strip for a tail. Some might consider this more of a lure than a fly and it was a handfull on a 9' 8wt outfit. The best time for us was around dusk. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do during the day.Good Luck !