The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 03:13 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Slab of the month

Not to long ago one of our members John Montana was up for Slab of the Year on the Moldy Chum site and we gave him a little help by voting . Now another member starting in June will be up for Slab of the Month for May.
Didgeridoo(Nick) got this monster Sturgeon on the fly and hopefully you will give him some votes like we gave John. If you dont know Nick he catches some big fish especially catfish and is one heck of a fish artist!
Soon as the April contest ends it will be up for voting.
mcnerney and yonder like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slab of the month

Interesting, Nick landed a Sturgeon, way to go!

Old 05-24-2013, 01:54 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

He was going for the big Channel Cats he targets and the Sturgeon picked it up. Wait till Dan sees it! Not many on the fly!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:18 PM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold

Thanks John!

Here's the pic. Was an epic experience and something that I'll remember for a long time! The fight was incredible and I was seriously at the mercy of the beast.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here's the link to Moldy Chum's page of my catch.
Fly Fishing | Blog | Photos | Podcasts | Travel | Gear | and More - Moldy Chum - May 2013 SOTM Entry:*Sturgeon

Thanks guys. =)
Nick
| Fine Art Pencil Artist
Old 05-24-2013, 09:51 PM

Now thats what Im talking about!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:45 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I think there was also rumors of John Montana's friend who also caught a sturgeon is entering in SOTM, not sure what month though

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 05-26-2013, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

amazing fish Nick!Will vote for you
Old 05-26-2013, 08:41 AM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Outstanding! That must have put up a great fight.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:12 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
I think there was also rumors of John Montana's friend who also caught a sturgeon is entering in SOTM, not sure what month though

Rumors so far. I am guess he will hold off at this point. That was an amazing thing to see.

Grats Didg.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:44 AM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys! A couple of my buddies have caught them in that river on the fly also a couple years ago. My buddy Matt may have an unofficial line class world record...he landed one with his 6wt and 6lb tippet. That was the first one he ever got. Thing was a good sized one too, not quite as big as the one I got but still impressive!

This was another one he got. I can't find a pic of the one he got with his 6wt.
Click the image to open in full size.

Nick
mcnerney and jml43 like this.