The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By CutThroat Leaders
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to all
Default New "CONVEX" leader

Hello Forum Members.
I wanted to inform all the fly fishers that like to throw small flies downstream to rising fish, that we have a new Convex leader. This leader makes the caster perform a “dump cast” or “Pile Cast” very easily. The dump/pile cast is a cast that drops the leader and tippet in one location and then allows the current to pull the fly / tippet downstream to the feeding fish. This leader is not a leader for everyday fly fishing situations, but excels when drag free drifts are required. The leader actually increases in diameter as you move from the fly line end towards the middle of leader. Then the leader begins the standard knotless taper that all Cutthroat Leaders are known for. This increase in dia slows the transfer of energy and causes the leader/tippet to collapse. If you are a fly fisher that needs one leader to do everything this is not a leader for you. But if you find yourself sneaking up to feeding fish and need a great presentation / drift, this leader is one you should check out. We have received rave reviews from the many leader testers we have across the country. As always, use NAFFF coupon code to save $$$.

Because the leader is new, we do not yet have it on our new site, but the link below is from our last years site.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Ultimate Dry Fly Furled Leader
Joni, fysh, fredaevans and 4 others like this.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com

Last edited by CutThroat Leaders; 05-29-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to all
Default Re: New "CONVEX" leader

I have been having issues uploading images. I finally have it resolved. I updated the graphic of the convex leader at the begining of this post to show the basic segments / design. Please feel free to ask questions / inquire about it.
Thanks,

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 05-29-2013, 12:20 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutThroat Leaders View Post
I have been having issues uploading images. I finally have it resolved. I updated the graphic of the convex leader at the begining of this post to show the basic segments / design. Please feel free to ask questions / inquire about it.
Thanks,
Man 'O man I haven't seen the term 'convex leader' in decades. How cool of you to figure out how to make these into a furled leader. I'd never have guessed that could be done.

Good On You!

Fred
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Mike,
What lengths do these come in?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Bump to the top.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*