The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Vermonters Intro (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/320381-vermonters-intro.html)

vtmatt 05-24-2013 10:21 PM

Vermonters Intro

Hello everyone, my name is Matt, I grew up in VT, and started fly fishing almost 2 years ago and have loved it ever since......I started a blog a few weeks back, feel free to check it out! I do not get money from views on this blog, it's purely for personal reasons. It has my intro so it's easier to post this link instead of typing another one!

Feel free to PM me if you live in the Burlington area, or even if you'd like to chat gear, water, whatever fishing....thanks for looking!

gt05254 05-25-2013 05:25 AM

Re: Vermonters Intro

Missing link??
Gary

Rip Tide 05-25-2013 08:02 AM

You guys in VT are suppose to get snow today.... isn't that a hoot :D

gt05254 05-25-2013 04:06 PM

we did get snow, north of where I live, though.
Gary

fredaevans 05-25-2013 04:36 PM

Minor rant here.

It was Global Warming, now its Climate change, what will they call it next given we've 15 years of 'global cooling?'

Never mind, Ard doesn't like this type of question. ;)

Not to worry Ard, not going to 'Where no man has gone before.' Think that's the Star Trek deal. :D

Fred

djamtime 05-25-2013 04:59 PM

Lake Placid here in NY getting Hammered!!! :confused:

Eddie O'Neill 05-25-2013 08:14 PM

Welcome to the forum Matt, enjoy:)

mcnerney 05-25-2013 09:17 PM

Matt: Welcome to the forum!
It's definitely too late in the season for snow.

fredaevans 05-26-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnerney (Post 559546)
Matt: Welcome to the forum!
It's definitely too late in the season for snow.

That's what I was thinking about a week ago as I'm watching snow pounding down in the hills around me. Nothing (just heavy rain) at my level.

Hardyreels 05-26-2013 12:13 PM

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum.

No worries about climate discussions Fred; what we have to avoid is trying to argue for or against something. I think it's safe to say that many people all over this country and many others, are experiencing some of the strangest weather that we have ever seen in our lifetimes. Because of that I think Climate Change may be a better description of what we are seeing.

Whatever is causing it? Whenever it started? Whether we could have; should have taken some course of action to avoid it?

All these questions are moot because it's here; it's in Vermont, it's in Oregon, and most other places already and there is very little point in taking a side after the game has been decided.

So, welcome to the forum Matt :D