The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 12:17 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you can't laugh at yourself...

I ran out after work this past Tuesday for a little late afternoon fishing. I had a nagging feeling that I should have been heading to the ocean side but i went to the river instead. The water was a brown, murky mess, no action at all so I didn't even gear up. Jumped in the truck and ran over to the bay, why wasn't I at the beach? Air temp was 86*, flies everywhere, horseshoe crabs were mating, everything was telling me that water temps were up. It was time for the Stripers to move out of the bay and rivers and into the ocean but I'm stubborn. After 2 hours of casting practice I was pretty disgusted with myself for ignoring the clues that were all around me, then it happened. Enjoy the clip

Adding insult to injury, when I got to Verizon and picked up a new phone I played my voicemails and heard this: "Yo it's Bill, where are you? Bass all over Deal Jetties, fish to 30lbs" The message was left about 10 minutes after I went for a swim with my phone.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:00 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you can't laugh at yourself...

Oh is that ever familiar! I was in Belmar on Wednesday the water looked like chocolate milk and the fog hung around most of the day! Kept my phone in my zippered pocket! Sorry couldnt resist!Glad your laughing!
swirlchaser likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-25-2013, 02:08 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

LOL I seen that coming! Is that the BVK I sold you?
swirlchaser likes this.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:51 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I dunked myself last Friday. Made your deal look graceful LOL

Thankfully I got waist high before my phone was too wet so the phone was ok but folks were watching me. My ego will never heal LOL
swirlchaser likes this.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:16 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I've been there; hats, sunglasses, cell phones, cameras and rods. Never lost one though...............................

Pocono
swirlchaser likes this.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:17 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
LOL I seen that coming! Is that the BVK I sold you?
Yes it was. I had to get it wet, just didn't think I was going to get it that wet! lol. The funny part was that I had turned the GroPo on about 20 minutes before and forgot about it. I had no idea I filmed it until I got back to the truck!
Old 05-25-2013, 10:09 AM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Swirl, given the title, I thought we were gonna see you high dive off the 10 meter platform like the TV show! milt
Old 05-25-2013, 11:23 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
Swirl, given the title, I thought we were gonna see you high dive off the 10 meter platform like the TV show! milt
Milt I do believe after watching your cliff ala fresco episode that that is something you would do!
milt spawn likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-25-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
Dive off a 10m platform? I have trouble standing and casting (as you can see in the video)
milt spawn likes this.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:15 PM

sgtgunner is on a distinguished road

Oh that sucks, glad you've got a sense of humor about it though. I keep my phone in one of those blue and yellow 'Dry Pak's from the kayak section at Academy. $10, water proof, floats, and you can still use the phone/camera through it. Use it every time I'm near the water. Cheap insurance.