The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By 95chevy
  • 1 Post By chased

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 07:03 PM

95chevy will become famous soon enough
Default Blue gill frenzy

Today was my second day fishing with my fly rod. I didnt catch any trout today (due to fishing in a pond) but I did catch about 30 blue gills. (Not all of them were blue gills) heres a few pics of the cool ones. My father caught about a 3lbs white crappie but it wasnt on a fly. I didnt get any pics of that one. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
rubberguy and random user like this.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:07 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Blue gill frenzy

fishing with your dad...priceless. Pretty fish.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:12 PM

95chevy will become famous soon enough

Sure is. And the best part (to me anyway) is that I got all of them on a fly.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:17 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Call me crazy, but I would much rather go after the ferocious bluegill than stocker trout any day. I've been out chasing big bluegill all weekend with a 2/3wt glass rod and a pocket full of foam beetles and poppers. Talk about FUN!
random user likes this.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:26 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

Fishing with pops is no 1. BG on the fly is great. Went out today with the tenkara and caught around 20 gills and crappie total. Got the get the 3 wt after them next trip.

Craig
Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 AM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Congrats! You've gotten yourself good-n-hooked.

Nice sunny day + pond full of bluegill + fly rod = giddy as a school girl for me.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome man. I caught about 50-60 bluegill myself this weekend. The one on the top left is a Pumkinseed. Those are my favorite type of panfish because their colors are beautiful and they fight well for their size. They can be extremely plump and muscular in some areas.