The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By cuffer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 02:15 PM

cuffer is on a distinguished road
Default Fishing the Shenandoah National Park

Did a little fishing in the Shenandoah National Park this morning. Caught 49 brook trout in all. Almost all on a foam ant. I ended up hiking probably 6 miles today so I'll sleep good tonight.

Click the image to open in full size.
First fish
A little better
Took 7 out of this pool
and this is probably the largest...
Old 05-31-2013, 03:45 PM

ib me is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fishing the Shenandoah National Park

You had a great day,The park streams are hot now I hope you get back there soon.I miss the streams as soon as I leave them.
Congrats on a great day
Dennis
Old 06-01-2013, 03:06 AM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all

good catch ! eh Shenandoah Shenandoah
Old 06-04-2013, 07:00 AM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

I love the SNP, best fly fishing in the world. How were the water levels? I'm not going to ask for which stream that is, but out of curiosity, is East or West slopes?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:09 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light

This is one thing I regret not doing in my seminary days back east. Should have made a trip there and stayed awhile. I drove through it, but didn't stay and didn't fish.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:31 PM

cuffer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
I love the SNP, best fly fishing in the world. How were the water levels? I'm not going to ask for which stream that is, but out of curiosity, is East or West slopes?
Water levels were good. Certainly adequate. That is a West slope stream. I do most of my fishing on the East slope at some less pressured streams. This particular stream is along a very popular hiking trail, near a campground and can get local pressure from below. I wouldn't fish it on a weekend, but Fridays are OK. I seemed to have the place to myself on a beautiful sunny day.