The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By fly_guy12955
  • 1 Post By r reese
  • 1 Post By cuffer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 08:21 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Trip today

I plan to take a great nephew fishing later for the evening. He's..well...has Downs Syndrome.. but just a wonderful lad. Not a guy in his family to do fishing with. We'll be fishing Walkers Creek,,home of good small-mouth and pan-fish too. Guess we can lay aside our 'big plans' to hopefully let someone else enjoy what we love to do.....feel that tug. He'll be using spinning gear I'm sure, so pray I do not show ANY arrogance toward him but exert all I can for him a good day fishing.

And a few pan-fish for the skillet wouldn't be a bad reward either ! I keep no bass ever.

Might even have a pic later,,depends.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:53 AM

South Holston will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Trip today

Your attitude already has the day covered. Have fun..
Old 06-05-2013, 09:15 AM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Nice I work with downs and autistic kids at high school level they enjoy every minute of attention they can get fish away
mcnerney likes this.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Home early. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. I forgot my vision aids,,and I just can NOT tie a fly to tippet without them. No biggie. Was going to just let him fish,,but then he had a internal reel malfunction that I'm not sure what it was.

So, we punted. Regrouped. Went to local store and had soda and stuff. Plan to try it again tomorrow and hopefully be a better day.

When these days start, they do NOT improve. Experience as taught me to cut my loss's and try again tomorrow.

Mike
Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 PM

cuffer is on a distinguished road

I bet he still had a good day and now has tomorrow to look forward to. It's very good of you to spend the time.
yonder likes this.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:59 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

sounds like a great day regardless, well done mike!

ARFE
Old 06-05-2013, 10:05 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

The right thing for an uncle to do for sure.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree with the others, my hat is off to you!