The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MoscaPescador

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 06:15 PM

loydtruss is on a distinguished road
Default Broken Redington fly rod

Hi Guys
Does anyone know where I can have the tip section of my 3 wt. redington fly rod replaced. Redington does not make this fly rod anymore and they told me they don't have the trout classic in stock anymore. It is the fourth section of the fly rod. thanks for any help bill
Old 06-13-2013, 06:44 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken Redington fly rod

This is a total flyer .....

Contact Rob Allen at Carry Burkheimer rods in Washougal, Washington. If they can get the 'mandrel spec's' (or from the broken bits) odd's on he can roll one for you. They've got thousands of mandrels in the shop, if they could, it wouldn't be that big of a job.

I don't even want to think what this may cost.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:50 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

If you mean Classic Trout, they have it. The new Tempt is a Classic Trout with a new name and look. Redington replaces discontinued rods under warranty with like models for a $30 handling charge.

Click the link to start the warranty process.
http://www.redington.com/skin/summit...20Form2012.pdf

Dennis
fredaevans likes this.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to Rebecca. You may get an upgrade to a newer better model . I did!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-13-2013, 09:45 PM

aggieoutlaw will become famous soon enough

I just got my 3wt CT tip back from Redington Warranty Service last week. They replaced the tip for me no charge ($30 s/h). They had great turnaround and service. I'd check again.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:04 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i had a section break on a minnow rod and they sent me a whole new,
newer version of the rod.
cant beat that.

casey

ARFE
Old 06-13-2013, 10:16 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
If you mean Classic Trout, they have it. The new Tempt is a Classic Trout with a new name and look. Redington replaces discontinued rods under warranty with like models for a $30 handling charge.

Click the link to start the warranty process.
http://www.redington.com/skin/summit...20Form2012.pdf

Dennis
what he said...I sent them a busted RS2 and they sent me a thank you note and a new RS4...they will take care of you...-Mike
Old 06-14-2013, 08:55 AM

loydtruss is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for all the advice, I will check all comments Bill