The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By enolaeagle
  • 1 Post By enolaeagle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 11:18 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Had some extra cash for once (and blew it...)

I had a little extra play money (and it doesn't really help that Bass Pro Shops was on the way home from work).

Although I liked their Sage outfits and some of the other expensive jobbers, I settled on this 10 weight Saltwaterish setup (white river) for $219-. Has anyone used one with any kind of feedback?

I was looking for something a little bigger than my 8 weight set up and this was the one of two options but I wasn't too hot for the other Heat rig because of the smaller reel. Bob the attendant went through and showed me this rig. Everything was included for the price and he tossed in a free reel bag and upgraded the leader size n/c. It was nice watching him do all the work with loading the reel

Turned out I kind of knew him anyway because he owned Clouser's Fly Shop in the Middletown area which has recently closed shop but doing online orders.Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney and baseman1 like this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 06-13-2013, 11:35 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Had some extra cash for once (and blew it...)

looks like a great rig!!
good luck with that big boy

casey

ARFE
Old 06-14-2013, 10:09 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
Turned out I kind of knew him anyway because he owned Clouser's Fly Shop in the Middletown area which has recently closed shop but doing online orders.
Don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but that's some news I didn't expect to see.
This is what it says on the ClouserFlyFishing site.
Quote:
Planning to visit Bob's Shop?
Please phone the shop at 717-944-6541 in advance of your visit for availability.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:24 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

I had heard that Bob Clousers son, Bob Jr. was working at the BPS running the fly fishing dept. Are you sure it was the senior Clouser who helped you, or his son?

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:23 AM

ditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura about

I too am interested in any reports on the 10wt.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:34 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Niceee rig there !

Mike
Old 06-14-2013, 11:41 AM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
I had heard that Bob Clousers son, Bob Jr. was working at the BPS running the fly fishing dept. Are you sure it was the senior Clouser who helped you, or his son?
It was Bobby. Didn't mean for the confusion.

He's a great guy!

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but that's some news I didn't expect to see.
This is what it says on the ClouserFlyFishing site.
Bobby told me it was online order but I'm sure locals can stop in by appt... He also told me that they aren't doing river guide tours anymore and I noticed that the link for that is dead.

I tried to bribe him into taking me out (didn't work...)
baseman1 likes this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 06-14-2013, 09:33 PM

Well, I had an itch to get the rod out even though the river is high and muddy. I threw on a big black wooly bugger and headed out.

It took me a few minutes to get used to the larger rod but casting became a dream and I was easily shooting 40 to 60 feet with it.

It also passed the Accidental Shear Strength Test... After two hours I went home and the rod was still together (in the back of the truck). Coming into the garage I had a hand full of gear so I propped the rod on the recycling bin and hung my waders. Next thing, the kids distracted me and the wife wanted to talk so I forgot all about the rod and closed the garage door... Just recently went back out and opened the door to see the rod trapped under it Oops.. I don't normally do anything that stupid but based on the week I had, I'm not surprised. The rod survived though

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...