The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mbchilton

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 10:27 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough
Default Fishing with Dad

Click the image to open in full size.

Fishing with dad. Few things bring me more joy. I donít remember the first time I went fishing, or the first fish I caught because I started fishing with dad at age 3. Iím not sure how old my first fishing memory is, but there are many of them because he took me often. I remember coming home from my grandparentís house a couple doors down and seeing our first Tracker fishing boat in the driveway. I remember the time I fell in the water trying to untangle dadís line, and the time I fell in pulling up the anchor. Sure, I remember the fish, the weekend trips, and all the fun fish stories. Mostly, I remember that my dad was there. He was my hero, and still is. Itís the time spent together that means the most to me.

Thanks for taking me fishing, dad. It means a lot. I hope I can be half the dad you are.

Happy Fatherís Day. I canít wait for our next fishing trip.

Click the image to open in full size.
williamhj, siege and enolaeagle like this.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:43 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Fishing with Dad

Well said! I remember my first rod like yesterday. I don't remember what brand but it was a tackle box (which I still have) rod combo kit that my parents and grandparents got me. The rod was a white/dark green push button bait caster job. I remember how fun it was to play with the worms but I didn't want to touch my first fish... a sunny.

My dad just got his lifetime license since he's retiring here soon and wants to do the tour of duty with me like he did with my pap 30 years ago when they averaged 700 + fish per year between the two of them.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...