The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default John Montana on Orvis News!

John "The Carp Man" made Orvis News with his trip report to Lake Michigan after carp. Congrats to John!!!!!
If you missed his earlier post here is the Orvis article:

Trip Report: Lake Michigan Carp Extravaganza | orvis.com/news

Larry
Old 06-18-2013, 08:00 PM

john montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: John Montana on Orvis News!

Thanks Larry...it was quite a couple of days on the water!

Carp on the Fly
Old 06-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Good job John, Congratulations!

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 PM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough

John,

Way to go! Do you use a Orvis rod for your carp fishing?

When I saw your report last week on this site, I knew I had to get myself a Helios 2 in a 8wt.

Now go ahead and tell us that you use a Sage rod for carp! LOL or maybe a WalMart special?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Awesome, John!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM

john montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post
John,

Way to go! Do you use a Orvis rod for your carp fishing?

When I saw your report last week on this site, I knew I had to get myself a Helios 2 in a 8wt.

Now go ahead and tell us that you use a Sage rod for carp! LOL or maybe a WalMart special?
I actually do use a Helios 2 (in a 7 wt). I have a sage one and a Gloomis Native Run GLX (also in 7 wts) that were my go to rods, but the H2 is an awful lot of fun to fish! I did fish my Loomis one day on Lake MI because my buddy wanted to try the H2!

Carp on the Fly
Old 06-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Johnyou're our carp master