The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fishing shirts ?

I am a HUGE fan of the Columbia PFG stuff for milder days and as an underlayer during the winter.

For really hot and muggy days, the Columbia Omni-Freeze is stellar! A slight breeze will give me the chills at times even on the warmest days
Old 06-19-2013, 10:35 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Brookfield, I have seen those and have considered one for hot muggy days since I'm warm natured but have yet to pull the trigger. Sounds like you are sold on the technology of them and my kinda shirt!

I wear Bean's Tropicwear shirts. I'm sold on the quality and they perform well. I've had Columbia as well and they also hold up really well. Add to that a short or long sleeve wicking shirt underneath and that's my setup. If it gets really hot, I'll remove the base layer and go with the Tropicwear solo.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:50 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I'd love to try one of those newer Columbia AirGill shirts... but at $100 it's pretty tough to want to try one... I really like Gander Mountain's Guidewear and Cabela's Guidewear... Both very light and keep you cool even in the hot muggy augusts here in Minnesota...
Old 06-20-2013, 12:58 PM

alt1001 is on a distinguished road

I buy Cabelas and love them. The reason is their 'Legendary Guarantee' states "Cabela's brand clothing and footwear is guaranteed for the lifetime of the product under normal wear and tear and defects in workmanship" and I have used it! If it has a defect, or you rip it on a on branch, or you fall down a stream bank and it has came apart at the seams, they will replace it.
yonder likes this.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:01 PM

ditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really nice

I have some Columbia shirts and shorts but mostly I have Magellan. I have one on now. I currently own very little cotton and it is all quite old and I have outgrown most of it. I like the stuff. Lots of pockets and vents. Some of my stuff is pushing 10 years old I recon.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:06 PM

double dry is on a distinguished road

Redington is my choice.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:18 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I get mine at "Sally's Boutique" !

(Salvation Army)
Old 06-25-2013, 07:38 PM

riderfisher is on a distinguished road

Columbia PFG's and Simms Guide shirts are both awesome; I wait until they go on sale midsummer and buy them discounted for the next season. Also really like Simms Core3 technical long sleeve T's- really keep you comfortable in the heat and humidity.
nicknick222 likes this.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:53 PM

South Holston will become famous soon enough

I honestly think the Redington Solar Tech[ coolmax ] shirts are the best I have ever worn.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

all i know is that i just bought my first fishing shirt about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
and have used it in some 90+*F days, and wow they really work.
kept me cool, protected from the sun, dry, etc.
i like this shirt so much now that i will get few more in different colors when i catch them on sale. (sizing is slightly loose in this model)
i got COLUMBIA TAMIAMI II l/s shirt, got it from Backcountry.com on sale for 25% off so total was $36 (BassPro would not match the price after they made me wait 20 some minutes while they went to ask 3 different managers, dont think ill shop there again for a little while)

Click the image to open in full size.