The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Rip Tide
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 3 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 02:58 PM

arsalan is on a distinguished road
Default Rl Winston GVX Outfit

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum and have almost no idea how anything here works. So here goes nothing...

Last edited by Hardyreels; 06-20-2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Removed Sales Information
Old 06-20-2013, 03:11 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Rl Winston GVX Outfit

A lot of fly shops rent fly rod outfits if you don't want to sell your current setup.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:15 PM

Actually, I'm going to be getting more into saltwater fly fishing, so getting rid of this freshwater setup for a saltwater setup would be ideal.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Hi arsalan, Welcome to the forum.
I think that you find that since you're so new here and your very first post is about trying to sell something, many people will be skeptical taking you at your word.
Nothing personal, just forum common sense

Good luck with your bonefishing
rockriver likes this.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi,

You'll see that I deleted all the info offering a sale. We have had some bad experiences with sales from new members lately and have changed the rules regarding selling.

You have to be a senior member having 100 posts to threads before you can offer any items for sale on the forum. This is the only way we have to sort people out when they join, by seeing what they post about.

You may find a taker on eBay for the rod - reel - & line but not here right away, sorry.

Ard
mcnerney likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-20-2013, 04:24 PM

What kind of experiences? What did they do? I have pictures that I am about to upload for the rod and reel. Is it a trust issue? Sorry if I broke some rules.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

When people join to sell there is no way to know anything about them at all.

Take your own profile for instance; no information about you at all. No location, no age or birth date............... The only thing I find is a gmail address and they are free and hard to track.

What happens is that people offer items for sale, the sale goes on via PM's and or e-mail and if something goes wrong the buyer gets the shaft.

We are a fly fishing discussion forum not a marketing place, sorry. eBay is a marketing place and if you have an account there they will be able to list your rod to a larger market. If anything goes wrong both buyer & seller have some protection there.

Sorry but that's the way it is,

Ard
mcnerney, rockriver and uinta fish like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;