The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 06:59 AM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: An excuse to buy more fly rods

If I can find purple fly line then my wife will be addicted...

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 06-24-2013, 07:45 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
If I can find purple fly line then my wife will be addicted...
CFR Pink and Purple Fly Line: Fly Fishing Benefactors

Jim Teeny Fly Lines
Old 06-25-2013, 04:45 AM

tbum2020 is on a distinguished road

Ask them if they saw the Americas Top Model episode where they revealed that 90% of all models say their biggest kept fitness secret is fly fishing...
enolaeagle likes this.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbum2020 View Post
Ask them if they saw the Americas Top Model episode where they revealed that 90% of all models say their biggest kept fitness secret is fly fishing...
I really don't see how fly fishing is good for fitness, unless you jog from your house to the river/pond, at least not in a significant way. Yeah you probably build a little muscle casting a rod all day, but I've been fly fishing for a long time and haven't notice the slightest increase in my strength or fitness because of it. Most of the time, you are standing in the same spot.

Maybe it's because none of us want to leave the water to go get food, so it's really controlled starvation.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:50 AM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
I really don't see how fly fishing is good for fitness, unless you jog from your house to the river/pond, at least not in a significant way. Yeah you probably build a little muscle casting a rod all day, but I've been fly fishing for a long time and haven't notice the slightest increase in my strength or fitness because of it. Most of the time, you are standing in the same spot.

Maybe it's because none of us want to leave the water to go get food, so it's really controlled starvation.
Not sure where you fish, but this is one of my favorite brook trout spots:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 AM

I think at that point, hiking is their best kept fitness secret. Occasionally, while hiking, they do a little fly fishing.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:34 AM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Nick-
Turns out the wife doesn't care about purple fly line...

She said the only way she'll go fishing with me is if I get her a purple rod :banghead: I guess if I can't find one then I'll have to get someone here to make me one...

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-07-2013, 11:02 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a purple one for you, errr uhhhh her.

Recovery and Hope Benefit Series

This isn't exactly purple, but close and a portion of proceeds go to a worthy cause. A little more spendy though.

Grace- Specialty Fly Rods | Sage Fly Fishing
Old 07-07-2013, 11:19 AM

Looks like Elkhorn makes the only true purple rod that I've seen. She better love me because they cost more than any rod I have...

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-07-2013, 04:54 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

based on the title of this thread I will make this remark... since the advent of the shorter 4 pc rods...there has not really been a reason to get permission slips any more to bring in new fly rods...

Yes there was a time way back when we had to pretend we hurt ouselves playing softball etc (our leg was very straight) and sneak into the house a new two piece purchase... (actually shotguns fell into that category too...)

dont laugh too hard...I bet I hold the record...I worked my PT jobs in fly and hunting shops to acquire all my precious booty......but with new technology we have been set free...

my only advice to get to the next level is this...start to make your own rods...OMG...the possibilities are limitless...t
von behr and siege like this.

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac linne, slat coille is fiadh freach - mirle s nach do ghabh gidheal riamh nire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/

Last edited by silvertip8k; 07-07-2013 at 05:52 PM.